Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The PVM-2730QM thread (H-STAT issue, colour bleed, convergence and more!)

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)

Cheers for the help and advice! The anode caps are fine, it's more the boot around the flyback lead to the HVR - which has obviously gotten black grime underneath from being shunted up and down the lead during dis/connection. I'll give it a clean, but I'm reluctant to use silicone sealant on it as I may want to change it over later.

Anyway, I need a replacement HVR. Sony part No.s 1-230-712-21 or 22 or better still 23 will do. I imagine we'd all normally have a few of those lying around. My excuse is that i lost my collection of them in the move to Tassie a few years back, but the rest of you need to cough up

Seriously, any tips? The parts were discontinued at least 10 years ago. I have a request for a quote in with a company in the US, but i'll be astounded if they can find anything. I can also find one listed in a gumtree-like site in Uruguay for about $60USD, but the add isn't dated, and I don't speak Spanish. I hear that another HVR from a 25"-27" Trinitron might do the job - or anyway I could test it. I'm actually thinking of calling Sony Aus and charming the pants off them, using the line that if I was an art gallery with a video wall, and *needed* to repair these sets, could they think of what we can do next, sort of making it a joint venture
    Last edited by buttersoft; 23rd June 2016 at 09:50 AM.

State
    Cairns
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buttersoft View Post

I'm actually thinking of calling Sony Aus and charming the pants off them, using the line that if I was an art gallery with a video wall, and *needed* to repair these sets, could they think of what we can do next, sort of making it a joint venture
    Back in the day I was an authorised Sony repair agent and they were decidedly UN-helpful then, even to agents. I doubt they have improved.

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homepin View Post
    Back in the day I was an authorised Sony repair agent and they were decidedly UN-helpful then, even to agents. I doubt they have improved.
    They were a bunch of twats indeed.

On the other hand, if you ever worked on a Barco set youd never want to go back... Every single board and part can be so easily swapped with hardly any tools.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for the help and advice! The anode caps are fine, it's more the boot around the flyback lead to the HVR - which has obviously gotten black grime underneath from being shunted up and down the lead during dis/connection. I'll give it a clean, but I'm reluctant to use silicone sealant on it as I may want to change it over later.

Anyway, I need a replacement HVR. Sony part No.s 1-230-712-21 or 22 or better still 23 will do. I imagine we'd all normally have a few of those lying around. My excuse is that i lost my collection of them in the move to Tassie a few years back, but the rest of you need to cough up

Seriously, any tips? The parts were discontinued at least 10 years ago. I have a request for a quote in with a company in the US, but i'll be astounded if they can find anything. I can also find one listed in a gumtree-like site in Uruguay for about $60USD, but the add isn't dated, and I don't speak Spanish. I hear that another HVR from a 25"-27" Trinitron might do the job - or anyway I could test it. I'm actually thinking of calling Sony Aus and charming the pants off them, using the line that if I was an art gallery with a video wall, and *needed* to repair these sets, could they think of what we can do next, sort of making it a joint venture
    Ive asked a mate of mine for all the info he has in relation to this box, and to see if he can obtain one or more.
    •Converting Game Gears and Atari LYNX with McWill screens and Gameboy Pocket with backlight and Bivert mods
    •Sega Saturn, Dreamcast and Mega CD region free BIOS install and power supply repairs, NEO•GEO UniBIOS install, 3DO RGB and 240p mods, DIY kits available for all.
    • CPS2 and NEO•GEO game repairs and conversions

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NEO-GEO Man View Post
    Ive asked a mate of mine for all the info he has in relation to this box, and to see if he can obtain one or more.
    An HVR from these sets should be numbered right - PVM2730QM / KV27HV1 / KX27HG2 / KV27HG1 / PVM2530A / MBSM27V1. Anything from a Trinitron 25"-27" might be worth a look, similar vintage preferred, I would imagine?

Any reason not to go ordinary spark plug grease? Thermal properties would be well in range, and spark plugs get above 25KV a lot of the time...

This is the most amazing community. Seriously. And that worries me. Because I'm starting to owe more favours than I'll ever be able to repay

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    An HVR from these sets should be numbered right - PVM2730QM / KV27HV1 / KX27HG2 / KV27HG1 / PVM2530A / MBSM27V1. Anything from a Trinitron 25"-27" might be worth a look, similar vintage preferred, I would imagine?

Any reason not to go ordinary spark plug grease? Thermal properties would be well in range, and spark plugs get above 25KV a lot of the time...

This is the most amazing community. Seriously. And that worries me. Because I'm starting to owe more favours than I'll ever be able to repay
    Youll be right, we're here to help.

What is the part number on that faulty item?

Spark plug grease might be fine, give it a go i guess.
    •Converting Game Gears and Atari LYNX with McWill screens and Gameboy Pocket with backlight and Bivert mods
    •Sega Saturn, Dreamcast and Mega CD region free BIOS install and power supply repairs, NEO•GEO UniBIOS install, 3DO RGB and 240p mods, DIY kits available for all.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)

What is the part number on that faulty item?
    AFAIK there are three versions of the HVR, or H.STAT or "HV Resistor Assy" that would be perfect as they come:

Sony parts 1-230-712-21, 1-230-712-22 or 1-230-712-23

The -23 part is the is the latest iteration, and probably best if avail. I think the first two often suffer failures like mine's had. But a working one of any of them would be totally amazing. Let alone a few!

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    Will see what i can dig up.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)

I didn't mean to leave it quite so long, but have you had any luck, @NEO-GEO Man?

Will this picture help?

Crusader Cat.jpg

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    I didn't mean to leave it quite so long, but have you had any luck, @NEO-GEO Man?

Will this picture help?
    Crusader Cat.jpg
    No mate i wasnt able to locate any parts that you needed, which is unfortunate!

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)

No mate i wasnt able to locate any parts that you needed, which is unfortunate!
    That is unfortunate. But you have my thanks for trying

I'll start hunting myself and see what I can turn up.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information