Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Artwork on translucent plastic

Guys I know this is jukebox related not arcade but would appreciate a bit of advice and Google has failed me.

I have asked this question in the jukebox section in Seeburg 222 restoration but hoped I might get more response in the arcade artwork section.(hope this is ok)

I am restoring a seeburg jukebox and need to have classification cards printed, they are about the size of a business card and are translucent white plastic which is backlit by flourescent light.

I purchased new replacements from the USA but I am very disappointed with the quality of the printing.

The picture on the left shows the original the middle shows after I have cleaned it up using Photoshop and the right side is the new replacement from the USA.

Any ideas on what or how I should have new cards printed, I have asked a few local printers but had no success.

I have access to inkjet and laser printers but also am happy to pay to have them printed.

Obviously won't be a large print job a few A4 pages but I am happy to pay for extras to be printed to give to others that require them.

Just recently had spinal surgery for nerve decompression so trying to carry on with what I can while I'm off work trying not to go crazy.

Cheers

John

image.thumb.jpg.d99b8ab3462243ccdda83ad586a2f918.jpg

Thanks Daniel yes I have thought of going the water slide method but thought that if they are reproducing them in the USA albeit very poorly then there must be a way to print them.

Maybe silk screened????

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @faza01 I have a few ideas.

I could print it onto back lit non adhesive type light box material. (the same as an arcade marquee)

OR what about black print onto clear? We could then have some white perspex cut up/sized and stick it onto that?

As for print quality, I can slow my printer right down and set it to "UNI pass" for some really nice HQ prints. :)

But, that all depends on the source material. If you can send me the cleaned up image in a .PSD format I can take a look and try and vector it for you.

Cheers. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry mate vectoring is way out of my depth.

Problem has been solved Mike from Homepin has offered to have a few made for me.

Thanks Mike much appreciated.

Just realized you had this sorted. lol. All good, if you need any further help just hit me up. :) :)

Thanks mate the Homepin ones are in the post and on there way,

Hey @faza01 I have a few ideas.

I could print it onto back lit non adhesive type light box material. (the same as an arcade marquee)

OR what about black print onto clear? We could then have some white perspex cut up/sized and stick it onto that?

As for print quality, I can slow my printer right down and set it to "UNI pass" for some really nice HQ prints. :)

But, that all depends on the source material. If you can send me the cleaned up image in a .PSD format I can take a look and try and vector it for you.

Cheers. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized you had this sorted. lol. All good, if you need any further help just hit me up. :) :)

• 1 month later...