Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wells gardner D9200 clicks and sparks on power on

Hi Joey,

i have a golden tee dedicated cabinet that has been working great. Today i went to power it on and the wells gardner d9200 flat screen monitor now clicks a few times and sparks near the neck up near the tube. It tries to start after a few seconda with the same problem. Any idea what might have failed? Thx Joe

Hi mate ,

These monitors generate some seriously high voltage as do all flat screen monitors , this arcing is normally always caused by excessive moisture and is the single most common cause of failure with these and many other chassis.

Remove the high voltage lead and clean all around the hole with a rag soaked in metho and then put the lead back on, even better is to spread some silicon dielectric grease around the hole to seal the suction cup, you can get this from any auto parts shop it's used to prevent moisture around spark plug boots etc.

Don't use the monitor if it's sparking this is really bad! , when you try again forget about the picture and pay special attention to what's happening on the tube , if there is any arcing inside the neck near the neck board the tube is dead , if it's coming from under the yoke / deflection coil then the coil is dead , if there is no more arcing after cleaning up the tube but the chassis is still starting and shutting down it is either the flyback or the high voltage regulation section on the chassis that has failed.

If you want to know what causes issues with the WG9200 do a quick google search and you will see problems all over the world with these, they are without question the worst, most complex and most unreliable chassis Wells Gardner ever made., Well this is actually the first chassis they had manufactured in Malaysia and it was a disaster , they tried again with the D9400 which was only slightly better but not much.

Hey Joey i think your right on the money with excessive moisture as my arcade is in an outdoor covered and closed area however its been very rainy and cold of late eapecially cold out in the arcade area. I will do as suggested an report back. Thx for your help.

Hi mate ,

These monitors generate some seriously high voltage as do all flat screen monitors , this arcing is normally always caused by excessive moisture and is the single most common cause of failure with these and many other chassis.

Remove the high voltage lead and clean all around the hole with a rag soaked in metho and then put the lead back on, even better is to spread some silicon dielectric grease around the hole to seal the suction cup, you can get this from any auto parts shop it's used to prevent moisture around spark plug boots etc.

Don't use the monitor if it's sparking this is really bad! , when you try again forget about the picture and pay special attention to what's happening on the tube , if there is any arcing inside the neck near the neck board the tube is dead , if it's coming from under the yoke / deflection coil then the coil is dead , if there is no more arcing after cleaning up the tube but the chassis is still starting and shutting down it is either the flyback or the high voltage regulation section on the chassis that has failed.

If you want to know what causes issues with the WG9200 do a quick google search and you will see problems all over the world with these, they are without question the worst, most complex and most unreliable chassis Wells Gardner ever made., Well this is actually the first chassis they had manufactured in Malaysia and it was a disaster , they tried again with the D9400 which was only slightly better but not much.

hi Joey

so i went to supercheap auto and repco auto to buy the silicon dielectric grease you suggested and both have no glue what it is?? Ha ha can you please clarify what it is i need to buy or can tou send a pic of the product i should use. Would vasoline work? Ha ha thx Joe

hi Joey

so i went to supercheap auto and repco auto to buy the silicon dielectric grease you suggested and both have no glue what it is??

Typical air heads that work in these places, I went to their website typed in Dielectric Grease and this come up, tell them to google how to search their own store !

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Permatex-Dielectric-Grease-33-oz.aspx?pid=379868#Recommendations

Typical air heads that work in these places, I went to their website typed in Dielectric Grease and this come up, tell them to google how to search their own store !

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Permatex-Dielectric-Grease-33-oz.aspx?pid=379868#Recommendations

Yes they were fxxxing useless will head back there today thanks mate as want to make sure problem doesnt happen again