Thread: MGL 28 - Game 2 ~ Bump n Jump ~ [FINISHED]

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Power View Post

Yeah look to be honest I don't know what I mean - sometimes I would swear that I never crashed another car only to get to the end and see I've hit one bloody car - grrrrr.
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. This single sentence probably represents the most frustrating part of this game for me. You make your run confident that you've not ticked any car whatsoever, and that's not so easy as we all know, then I look up and the game tells me I've smashed one car. Here's your 300 point bonus! grrr indeed.

I know the 2 mil is modest for you @John73, though I too have to add - nice score!

This is a tough game.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Power View Post

Seems you need to know which cars to pick on too - blue seem fast and dogged in their pursuit, but are easy to bump. Greens are ok too, some of the bulldozers don't seem to move and I often fall for the trap of clipping the very front of the load dumped by the tip truck.
    Knowing how each car reacts is pretty important. I can give a brief guide, but playing the game and getting to know each enemy is the only way you'll really learn.

bnj.png

From top and left to right (and this is from memory and by no means scientifically tested) the basic weight of each enemy is:

1. Medium 2. Light 3. Light 4. Heavy 5.Medium
    6. Very Heavy 7. Heavy 8. Dump Truck (a simple touch will kill it, be it your car or you nudging another enemy into it) 9. Light 10. Light

Your car can be considered light.

The game uses a very basic version of Newton's Third Law of Motion - For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So if you run full speed directly into the back of a tank (no 6) you are going to lose a lot of speed and you will do next to nothing to the forward momentum of the tank. Do this to one of the lighter enemy cars and you won't lose much forward speed, but you will also pass on a lot of momentum to them and risk send them to their death.

The heavy cars can be used to your advantage if you need to quickly gain speed, get along side them and nudge the front of their car with the rear of your car. Being heavy, they will not move so there is little risk of them then crashing into a wall and because this is like being hit from behind it will cause their heavy forward momentum to be transferred to your car and give you an immediate boost in speed - more acceleration than is possible by just pressing up on the joystick.

Hope that makes some sense to someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magrinder View Post
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. This single sentence probably represents the most frustrating part of this game for me. You make your run confident that you've not ticked any car whatsoever, and that's not so easy as we all know, then I look up and the game tells me I've smashed one car. Here's your 300 point bonus! grrr indeed.

I don't get caught too often smashing a car and not noticing, but I do get plenty of times when I've 80-95% completed a pattern and then get into a situation where I have to smash a car or die. You're right - it is frustrating, you've just played about 3 minutes and scored probably 1500-2000 points

This is where I think getting the 10mil goal I'm after is going to be so hard. The game gives you about 10 seconds break between levels, so you just can't play this game forever. Every time you stuff a pattern up, that is like scoring say 5k in 3 minutes (or 100k per hour scoring rate) - 10mil scoring at a rate of 100k per hour would take 100 hours (not possible to play this long for anyone).

State
    Sa
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)
    Oops wrong click but welcome anyway :-)

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    image.jpeg
    Better scoring now i know i have to not smash any cars!! Howevernot much fun without the smashing!! Ha ha h

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Should I Bump or Should I Jump now
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
    My Twitch stream - twitch.tv/bigredbird1

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

Bump n Jump update ... the traffic report ...

7 days to go on this one until the finish line ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

A few games of this tonight, getting better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    1 game of this is enough lol (Sorry @John73 )
    PB from the first IGBY was about 250k. Not sure how.

0000.png

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    1 game of this is enough lol (Sorry @John73 )
    PB from the first IGBY was about 250k. Not sure how.

0000.png
    My galaga score is higher than your bnj score - so I'm the winner

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information