Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

State of Origin 2016

Beast

Apparently a game of league on last night. Go QLD!! :D

Didn't notice as much of a build up to the game this year? What is more important to the fan, your club winning an NRL premiership or your state winning the SOO?

Wonder what the players would rather win?

Its pretty quiet because it sucks losing for a decade, and QLD supporters can sense it too. Wake me up when the QLD big 4 retire :p

It was an ok game, 2 decisions went against NSW at the end of the match that could of given NSW a chance, but that's origin. I think my only criticism of the game really was that the officiating is way too heavy handed now, they've gone too far in the other direction. How soft were those penalties at the start of the match? That and can someone take Rabs out to pasture? Talk about long in the tooth. He keeps wandering off track like some old grandpa (which he is). Time to let someone younger have a go.

If NSW keeps trying to run around QLD they're not going to win at the cauldron either. NSW has a bigger forward pack, they should be running over the top of them. I almost threw my remote into the TV in the last 20 mins. Run at them!

Bring on game 2.

• Administrators
If NSW keeps trying to run around QLD they're not going to win at the cauldron either. NSW has a bigger forward pack, they should be running over the top of them. I almost threw my remote into the TV in the last 20 mins. Run at them!

This right here. Yet again the better side on the night lost because despite dominating they had no clue how to actually score points. NSW for years now has had the strategy of tiring out the QLD side with a dominant pack and it's worked year in an year out. However that doesn't mean shit if your can't score points and it wasn't down to QLD defence, it was just shitty and stupid options. Watch the game and see the backline wandering around the forward pack going duhhhh what do we do.

Then they kept passing balls flat to forwards who has already had their run. The few occasions where a proper forward break of taking out 3-4 players at once was when Klemmer and Fifita ran onto the ball. WTF didn't they keep doing that and then capitalize on it. Simply put our back-line just has no idea. They're just not in the same class as players like Cronk, Thurston (who both had rare shitty kicking games last night) & Smith. QLD typically had the guts despite being legless to keep the inept Blues out. It was ****ing heartbreaking watching the stupid bastards milling around for yet another year.

It was like watching Parramatta play for the last 15 years :cry

Brad

Boring...supposed to be the pinnacle of rugby league.

Defence wins games, but fans don't want to pay to watch a defensive game, they want to see tries, it's more entertaining watching an under 20's? Game with a 36-34 score line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
QLD to go 2-0 up tonight?

Sadly I think you're right =(

I would be REALLY surprised if NSW managed a win. We just cannot convert advantages to points.

Brad

Apparently Siri is singing the national anthem tonight.

Of course I hope Qld win, and if we flog NSW all the better - but if the bloody game kicks off on time then rugby league will be the real winner.

Either way, I won't be staying up to watch the end of it - I'm too old to stay up and then trying to drag my arse outta bed for an early start tomorrow morning :(

• 3 weeks later...