Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Entering scores against MGL high scores list

i was wondering, the MGL high scores list, where the highest score in every game played in the mgl is kept - it has it's own thread.

it would be kind of good to extend that to 'top 5' for every game ever played in mgl, to give people a crack at any of the games played in any MGL history - at any time (same dips as the comp score.) you might also get people playing, that just like certain games, but not playing in an mgl.

what do you think, @OOO ?

Edited by OOO

Yeah I think it would be OK but does make more work for whoever is running it. I like that OOO has included which MGL# the score was from recently. I sometimes think about competing for scores on the scoreboard outside of comps but I never get round to it. Somehow even though the scoreboard is a sticky it remains out of sight out of mind due to the fact that I usually just click the "new posts" button when I visit the forum.

Edit...oh other thing is should we include "In Comp" and "Out of Comp" on the scores? or as most of them will be during comps maybe just OOC to denote out of comp times on the scores that are because I can't help but think there should be a distinction between scores that someone can obtain with 2 weeks practice Vs all the time in the world.

there should be a distinction between scores that someone can obtain with 2 weeks practice Vs all the time in the world.

IMO: The MGL scoreboard should be a MGL High Scores Scoreboard, not an all times scoreboard. I would prefer the scores on this board are only from the MGL competition. To get onto this board you need to play in the MGL during the tournament. This may add incentive to participate in the MGL, nominate the games you would like to play, and then you can hit the scoreboard with the game you like.

For someone to maintain "an all times" scoreboard is a great deal of work. Yes there could be a separate scoreboard for that, but do we need 2 scoreboards? Just some thoughts I had ...

i was wondering, the MGL high scores list, where the highest score in every game played in the mgl is kept - it has it's own thread.

It already does and the winners and high scores are on the first page. What improvements are you suggesting?

844337077_MGLScoreboardThread.PNG.e62f71da48a65cbd0281276885192c56.PNG

I would like to see scores submissions allowed at any time as long as the dips were the same as when it was played in a MGL. The honesty system applies but that is no different to when we are competing anyway.

Sometimes gaming time is limited during an MGL with work, family, life and all that stuff and some games take a lot longer than two weeks to work out.

I think the high score only is enough (top 5 would take some maintaining) with any new submissions being tagged with either MGL# or OOC (out of competition).

It is more work for whoever is maintaning the leaderboard also so I guess we should keep that in mind.

I like that the mgl scoreboard is just the mgl scoreboard, i'm not sure what opening that up outside the mgl says for the mgl.

if you where to do it you would may need a separate "challenge" thread for each game to keep track,

Kinda of what aaablettt did here for moon cresta http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/79142-Moon-Cresta-AA-s-Top-Ten-Scores , you could also reference the MGL high in it.

Which is simillar to the single game comps i've seen like the Kong Off , anyone can start a thread for a game and keep track of it, if they no longer post the next person can re-start it and have the old thread locked.

Be good to see a @bigredbird's Mr.Do thread with his hints and tips guide :D

It already does and the winners and high scores are on the first page. What improvements are you suggesting?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94188[/ATTACH]

maybe I didn't word that right....

that thread has previously been open for score submissions outside of MGLs.... it is something that keeps coming up now and again though and each person running MGL might have a different take on it. What I was suggesting was it also become a place where to the top scores on each game are kept, scores achieved in MGL are denoted as such. Just an idea though, like I said something that might bring in people who prefer the solo style of play, ie outside a competition. I've no personal preference either way, kept as just an MGL high score list is fine too.

Edited by Jed