Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 28 - RULES - WATCH THE TUBE on page 1 (Nominations are CLOSED)

Not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here.

As I mentioned during the last MGL, I had a bit of a heart/health scare. Did a crap load of tests, and saw cardiologist yesterday for the results. Apparently my heart is working fine, no blockages which is a real relief. I've got something called an ectopic beat - some people feel it, some people don't. Nothing to be worried about I'm told.

Thanks to all for the well wishers a month or so ago. Fingers crossed I'll be around for a good while yet sucking balls in the MGL.

Awesome news. Glad your health is good. So we will see you play all games this MGL?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome news. Glad your health is good. So we will see you play all games this MGL?

I try my best to always play every game, even just to submit when I know I'll suck - so put me down to play every game in this MGL :)

I've got something called an ectopic beat - some people feel it, some people don't. Nothing to be worried about I'm told.

Any beat is better than the alternative perhaps.

Glad you got good news and can relax !

Not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here.

As I mentioned during the last MGL, I had a bit of a heart/health scare. Did a crap load of tests, and saw cardiologist yesterday for the results. Apparently my heart is working fine, no blockages which is a real relief. I've got something called an ectopic beat - some people feel it, some people don't. Nothing to be worried about I'm told.

Thanks to all for the well wishers a month or so ago. Fingers crossed I'll be around for a good while yet sucking balls in the MGL.

Great news for you, but it does mean another kicking my arse in this comp :p

Now get to demolishing everyone in Crump 'n Hump.

I'm just jealous that I don't have a game I can beat people on.

Nothing to be worried about I'm told.

That is good news John, I assume you must have given up smoking if the Dr is saying you have nothing to worry about, excellent :)

That is good news John, I assume you must have given up smoking if the Dr is saying you have nothing to worry about, excellent :)

Cutting down smoking with the view of quitting (again for the umpteenth time) and cutting down the alcohol.

Cutting down smoking with the view of quitting (again for the umpteenth time) and cutting down the alcohol.

Throw in some exercise as well, stick with it, and there's your 10 million on Bump n Jump, and I'm not kidding ... :026:

Throw in some exercise as well, stick with it, and there's your 10 million on Bump n Jump, and I'm not kidding ... :026:

Yeah I haven't forgotten my 10mil mission. One of these days I'll get around to it. Gotta other life issues to deal with, then hopefully in the next 12 months I can take a week or two off work and put a solid effort into the 10 million.

I actually got back in to exercise about 6 months ago, playing squash again and had also lost weight with a strict diet - but with the heart scare I was advised to stop the diet and stop exercise until it was investigated. All clear now to go back to playing squash - looking forward to Barra coming to Brisbane one day, as a fellow squash player I'm looking forward to having a hit with the young whipper-snapper and putting him in his place :) Back onto the diet tomorrow - got a bet to win with a mate by the end of this year, told him last NYE I'd weight less than him in 12 months time....

I actually got back in to exercise about 6 months ago, playing squash again and had also lost weight with a strict diet ... All clear now to go back to playing squash - looking forward to Barra coming to Brisbane one day, as a fellow squash player I'm looking forward to having a hit with the young whipper-snapper and putting him in his place :)

Hey that's great news! Funnily enough I used to play a lot of squash too.

Looks like there are going to be interesting match ups with the whipper-snapper,the World Champ on Bump n Jump and OOO.

Aussie Arcade presents MGL Squash I - sounds like fun ... :069:

Hey that's great news! Funnily enough I used to play a lot of squash too.

Looks like there are going to be interesting match ups with the whipper-snapper,the World Champ on Bump n Jump and OOO.

Aussie Arcade presents MGL Squash I - sounds like fun ... :069:

At my peak I was playing 4 times a week, in house one night, 2 nights of BSL (Brisbane Squash League) and then on Saturday playing for fun and also doubles (doubles is great fun if you haven't played it before). It's a dying sport though, the land area that is required for a squash centre in metro Brisbane is worth a hell of a lot more to developers than what squash centres make hiring out a court for $15-$20/hr for a couple of hours a day max. I'll put you on the hit list if we ever meet - bring your gear - though I think from your MGL video's you are a tad slimmer than me. It's hard bloody work lugging around 20kg of extra weight :(

@John73 @Barra @OOO

Maybe you guys should play this old classic...

bigredbird presents...MGL Squash I

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94307[/ATTACH]

Haha love it! Have actually played squash on MAME a few times, quite fun.

@John73 - you're telling me! I'm keeping up with people 30kg lighter than myself. Think I like beer and food too much :)