Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pixels - Barra is a Movie Star!

For those of you that may not read through TG posts, I noted this interesting thread today. I'm sure the royalty checks will be rolling through Barra's mail box soon!

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/156615-Congrats-to-Andrew-Barra-for-being-a-star-in-Pixels!-)

Thanks for posting this Max ... one for the AA album just in case TG does a phoenix like 4 times already ... Centuri if I am not mistaken.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/BarraScorePixels_zpsib0wiibm.png

Well actually I also noticed something special ... that person playing is no kid ... it's actually Andrew Barra - yes not "Barrow", like the post says.

These Galaga players check for every detail and competitive edge don't they ... a great find Mr Krogman!

:popcorn:

- - - Updated - - -

I also found the reply from Andrew Barra ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/BarraScorePixels3_zpsomlf30gp.png

:cool:

For those of you that may not read through TG posts, I noted this interesting thread today. I'm sure the royalty checks will be rolling through Barra's mail box soon!

Haha! Not likely. Although I wouldn't say no :lol

I did mean to watch this movie when it came out but after the not so stellar reviews I must have forgotten about it.

Cool to see though. Like when they used Dean's 1.206m game on Big Bang Theory.

Now to get the record back http://donkeykongforum.com/Smileys/default/popcorn.gif

I did mean to watch this movie when it came out but after the not so stellar reviews I must have forgotten about it.

I enjoyed it so much I hired a bus and took all of my staff to see it.

I wouldn't give "reviewers" the cap off my beer - don't be swayed by naysayers.

Cool to see though. Like when they used Dean's 1.206m game on Big Bang Theory.

I didn't know that. I remember the episode and thought Johnny Galecki must have been a closet DK fan or they got someone else to play to that stage (Eminem maybe?) and then subbed him in.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what you mean, each Adam Sandler movie seems to get less funny than the one before it. I haven't seen this movie yet, and don't plan to - if they use a hack of an easy game like Galaga instead of BnJ which requires real skill then I'm not interested in watching it :P

I know what you mean, each Adam Sandler movie seems to get less funny than the one before it. I haven't seen this movie yet, and don't plan to - if they use a hack of an easy game like Galaga instead of BnJ which requires real skill then I'm not interested in watching it :P

I actually like Adam Sandler so am a bit surprised at myself for missing this one.

I would attest that Galaga is easier than BnJ :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow thats cool. I'll have to give it a watch now :)

I'm with Homepin on this one. The reviews were so poor I was worried it would be a waste of time.

But hey, it's arcade right! ... so me being the arcade tragic had to watch it.

Took the family and .... it's a very enjoyable movie.

In fact I bought the DVD and watched it several times. For those who were there BITD, it's relevant, fun and the jokes are quite good.

Gad and Dinklage (smaller Mitchell look alike :laugh:) are very funny.

I haven't seen Centipede, Pac-man, Donkey Kong, Robotron, Asteroids, Joust, Galaga, Q*Bert, Dig Dug, Frogger, Arkanoid and many others look this good for ages.

Pull out your coins you slackers, and go watch the movie!

:023:

I actually like Adam Sandler so am a bit surprised at myself for missing this one.

I would attest that Galaga is easier than BnJ :)

I was a big fan of his earlier stuff, but it just got old the same characters he played and his stupid voices. It could just be me on this one :)

I know that you know I was taking the piss - bugger me if I can play Galaga, or almost any shooter for that matter.