Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL Game 6 - GENIE [FINISHED]

VPGL5 GAME 6 - Genie

genie.thumb.jpg.9d539ab38cf8b47d2ecd5032db99d38b.jpg

Nominated by Kane

This table will run for two weeks and will close on Sunday May 15, 9pm.

play any version you wish from Visual Pinball. Scores will be updated in this post.

Post as many times as you wish. New post for every new score please.

3 Balls

Progress Scores:

1 MrBungle 1,679,210

2 Kane: 1,156,670

3 AceJas: 987,870

4 skids: 598,990

5 Jed: 363,230

6 rusty_dagger: 129,440

Edited by Jed

Love it how you set the score to get :) Looking forward to playing

I've been very much in the mood for VP lately so have been eager to get stuck into the new tables each round. Trident was starting to hurt my eyes it was so fast, this one seems a little bit tamer, reckon I could get the million but probably not much more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92837[/ATTACH]

one of my favourite backglasses.

hope to get into this shortly, now i'm coming out of being a zombie mode. our house full of builders for the last month, I've just been zoning out to the nba playoffs going on at the moment (which are pretty awesome to watch. ridiculous skillz!)

Be gentle .... Usually you can get a tilt on the third nudge but this is more like 2 strong nudges.

Maybe after a couple of nudges, just trap the ball for 10 seconds and it should reset.

the HS on my vpin is 718k but you wouldn't know it from tonight's efforts, I must have had about 10 games too but just could not get out of the 300k's. not having a safe inlane is a PITA when the tilt is so sensitive.

@acejas see pic this is what I mean, when we were talking in the other thread, if I had my time again for my build, I would do a 46" vertically mounted bg panel as opposed to the same size as the PF (2x40") you can see the diff like dogs balls when lined up with your real pins.

it's a shame you can't get a custom size led or lcd panel, with an hdmi input, you could fill the whole backbox, that would be sweet.

WP_20160510_22_13_21_Pro.thumb.jpg.b94444478d23d78cbbf3a1e0abc11072.jpg

if I had my time again for my build, I would do a 46" vertically mounted bg panel as opposed to the same size as the PF (2x40") you can see the diff like dogs balls when lined up with your real pins.

it's a shame you can't get a custom size led or lcd panel, with an hdmi input, you could fill the whole backbox, that would be sweet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93113[/ATTACH]

Problem is the vertical has to fit in the bottom of the cab, so you can't go much bigger.

I figured with the 46" PF lift out, you could probably go to a 50" BG and rout the cab. Also 50" would be closest to real SS.

Problem is the vertical has to fit in the bottom of the cab, so you can't go much bigger.

I figured with the 46" PF lift out, you could probably go to a 50" BG and rout the cab. Also 50" would be closest to real SS.

I've looked before at the room in the cab between the edges of the panel and the edges of the main body and I do have a fair bit of leeway either side, it would fit OK in The Dredded Pin I think, I would probably have to find a panel with a real thin bezel though, which means $. i'll keep haunting gumtree in the meantime for bargains.

Yours is 2x46" yeah ? 50" panel as BG would be good :cool:

I've looked before at the room in the cab between the edges of the panel and the edges of the main body and I do have a fair bit of leeway either side, it would fit OK in The Dredded Pin I think, I would probably have to find a panel with a real thin bezel though, which means $. i'll keep haunting gumtree in the meantime for bargains.

Yours is 2x46" yeah ? 50" panel as BG would be good :cool:

Yeah mines 2 x 46.

With your wide bezel on the PF, it would be easier to make the BG biggerer.

Yeah mines 2 x 46.

With your wide bezel on the PF, it would be easier to make the BG biggerer.

Ha, Edy I have been doing a bit of research and I saw your post on this very same thing from 2012

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18926

I have a spare projector I never use so I am thinking - what about roof mounting the sucker and getting a true, full size BG ? the brightness and res would not be the same as the PF but the effect might be quite cool.

After i thought about that for a moment, I found a post where a guy has used an LED pico projector mounted under the lockdown bar. Crazy stuff. I can't find any pics but I reckon it's something I might experiment with.

too-many-projects

Mr B rockets into a big lead on the final day of this table, will close 6pm.

Time's up, Congrats to MrBungle for his maiden win in the VPGL ! ladder update to follow.

yeh, i posted at 12pm today to say it would finish at 6, as I knew I wasn't going to be around to wrap up at the normal time. No probs on your score, especially as in that case, i get to hand you the wooden spoon on this one ;)

Oops... Thought I had submitted a score on this one. I didn't play it much but would have taken out 2nd last spot.... that is 1 place better than usual for me. For what it is worth I scored 354,730 but don't expect to get this accepted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93300[/ATTACH]