Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VPGL Game 6 - GENIE [FINISHED]

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

the HS on my vpin is 718k but you wouldn't know it from tonight's efforts, I must have had about 10 games too but just could not get out of the 300k's. not having a safe inlane is a PITA when the tilt is so sensitive.

@acejas see pic this is what I mean, when we were talking in the other thread, if I had my time again for my build, I would do a 46" vertically mounted bg panel as opposed to the same size as the PF (2x40") you can see the diff like dogs balls when lined up with your real pins.

it's a shame you can't get a custom size led or lcd panel, with an hdmi input, you could fill the whole backbox, that would be sweet.

WP_20160510_22_13_21_Pro.jpg

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1909 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    if I had my time again for my build, I would do a 46" vertically mounted bg panel as opposed to the same size as the PF (2x40") you can see the diff like dogs balls when lined up with your real pins.

it's a shame you can't get a custom size led or lcd panel, with an hdmi input, you could fill the whole backbox, that would be sweet.

WP_20160510_22_13_21_Pro.jpg
    Problem is the vertical has to fit in the bottom of the cab, so you can't go much bigger.

I figured with the 46" PF lift out, you could probably go to a 50" BG and rout the cab. Also 50" would be closest to real SS.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dedrok View Post
    Problem is the vertical has to fit in the bottom of the cab, so you can't go much bigger.

I figured with the 46" PF lift out, you could probably go to a 50" BG and rout the cab. Also 50" would be closest to real SS.
    I've looked before at the room in the cab between the edges of the panel and the edges of the main body and I do have a fair bit of leeway either side, it would fit OK in The Dredded Pin I think, I would probably have to find a panel with a real thin bezel though, which means $. i'll keep haunting gumtree in the meantime for bargains.

Yours is 2x46" yeah ? 50" panel as BG would be good

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1909 Post(s)
    I've looked before at the room in the cab between the edges of the panel and the edges of the main body and I do have a fair bit of leeway either side, it would fit OK in The Dredded Pin I think, I would probably have to find a panel with a real thin bezel though, which means $. i'll keep haunting gumtree in the meantime for bargains.

Yours is 2x46" yeah ? 50" panel as BG would be good
    Yeah mines 2 x 46.

With your wide bezel on the PF, it would be easier to make the BG biggerer.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dedrok View Post
    Yeah mines 2 x 46.

With your wide bezel on the PF, it would be easier to make the BG biggerer.
    Ha, Edy I have been doing a bit of research and I saw your post on this very same thing from 2012

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18926

I have a spare projector I never use so I am thinking - what about roof mounting the sucker and getting a true, full size BG ? the brightness and res would not be the same as the PF but the effect might be quite cool.

After i thought about that for a moment, I found a post where a guy has used an LED pico projector mounted under the lockdown bar. Crazy stuff. I can't find any pics but I reckon it's something I might experiment with.

too-many-projects

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

scores updated, not much love for Genie, only 4 scores to date. Game ends tomorrow, and new game posted.

State
    Newcastle
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Genie01.jpgGenie02.jpg

I had the most amazing run, I have never had to screen shot anything before tonight to post a score.
    I am just gobsmacked I managed to attain this score.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

Mr B rockets into a big lead on the final day of this table, will close 6pm.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

Mr B rockets into a big lead on the final day of this table, will close 6pm.
    Time's up, Congrats to MrBungle for his maiden win in the VPGL ! ladder update to follow.

State
    Collingwood park Qld
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    822 Post(s)
    Oops forgot this one. For some reason I thought it finished at 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information