Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Testing if an Samsung tablet battery is stuffed

Is there anyway to do with a multimeter or something? Or would a place like Battery World be able to tell me?

I've got a 3 year (I think) Galaxy Tab 3.0 which won't charge. Prior to this, it didn't hold the charge very long at all.

I've tried what is suggested here:

without luck.

I don't mind buying a new battery, but don't want to do it unless I'm sure it will get it working again.

Just did a quick search on eBay - batteries are available for around $10-$15 - is it worth just hoping it's the battery and spending the $?

make sure youre using a 2amp plus charger wont work on PC USB or typical 500ma power packs.If you dont see teh chrging signal...then more than likely dead battery. Had 3 Galaxy tabs and 2 samsungs that have been discharged for a period of time.

• Administrators

Just get a new battery imo. I just ordered one for my Nexus 7 as it stopped holding charge for more than a couple of hours on standby.

Silly me actually as I tracked down that it was a rogue app draining the battery. Removed app and all good again. Still the new battery should give it a longer charge hold period. All up cost was like you about $14.00. I'd still check to see if you've installed any apps recently that have caused the issue. My wife has a Tab 3 and its still fine.

Brad

Cheers guys. I'll grab a new battery and see what happens. Didn't install anything before it decided to die. I did notice the battery going flat rather quickly, and then the battery had zero power and I didn't bother plugging it in for a few weeks, then when I needed it, it wouldn't charge. And yeah, that's on normal power. I did find though with it that you could charge by USB on the computer but the tablet had to be turned off. If it was on, the power from the USB didn't do anything at all.

I got myself one of those Pendo Pads from Office Works, but it really is a pretty awful device. Only need the Samsung working again so I can try out Apps that I muck around writing from time to time.

Will order a battery from China and post back what the results are.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Just saved myself $10-$20 I think. Decided to plug it in, and he presto it's charging. I did have to wiggle around the power connector also, and I had noticed in the past that the connection was a bit loose. Fixing that part of it I imagine is not worth doing, so I guess I'll make do with it at the moment and make sure my tongue is point the right way when I plug it into the charger :)

Check the charging lead, cheap to replace I got mine from Jay car.

NFI where my original charger has gone, the cable I used (and I did try this last time when I couldn't get it working) was a Jaycar cable. I actually tried 2 cables and couldn't get it charging. Maybe opening it up and closing the case got the connection a tiny bit tighter - who knows.

Been using a iPad mini for months instead and it certainly does run some games better than the Samsung - more processing power in the iPad I guess? I do like the Samsungs though, maybe one day I'll upgrade to a newer one.