Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

You know you're getting older

taito

Hi guys,

I was in Jaycar the other day. The guys in there are always helpful and great to deal with.

In the conversation they asked what all the chips I was buying were for? Further into the conversation I mentioned TTL's and they just looked like they'd never heard of them. So I described what they were.

I felt pretty old at this point... apparently they'd not learn about TTL in their courses. mmm. Suddenly I got the feeling they were looking at me like I'd be looking at gramps with his Valve radio set. I exclaimed at the top of my voice, "Never heard of TTL's...You guys are making me feel old!".

We found a common ground when I was struggling to find an arcade title they'd heard of or played. Seams Mario Brothers, and similar console games helped explain what I was trying to fix; what I was into.

Seam no-one tells you you're getting older, you just find out one day at a time. :)

Edited by taito

Yes the days of ellistronics and magraths in the top end of vic are gone.

Preston electronics is still around, same guy that's been running it for 30 odd years. Still has the cardboard drawers for storing components and he knows his stuff.

Hi guys,

I was in Jaycar the other day. The guys in there are always helpful and great to deal with.

In the conversation they asked what all the chips I was buying were for? Further into the conversation I mentioned TTL's and they just looked like they'd never heard of them. So I described what they were.

I felt pretty old at this point... apparently they'd not learn about TTL in their courses. mmm. Suddenly I got the feeling they were looking at me like I'd be looking at gramps with his Valve radio set. I exclaimed at the top of my voice, "Never heard of TTL's...You guys are making me feel old!".

We found a common ground when I was struggling to find an arcade title they'd heard of or played. Seams Mario Brothers, and similar console games helped explain what I was trying to fix; what I was into.

Seam no-one tells you you're getting old, you just find out one day at a time. :)

It's OK Taito, those young heathen Whipper Snippers know nothing !!!!! This is the Bible of my life ! ( possibly written by a Vulcan , as there is a fair bit of logic in it ! :lol ) And you are not "old" you are just "intelligent", so next time you use your seniors card to get on the bus to go to Jaycar, you tell then young'ins that !!!! God Bless TTL and all those who use it.....Oh by the way, can I borrow your Durran Durran records? (PS I used my bible just the other day ! )

TTL.thumb.jpg.4cf0e0066f514d834850bfb188f7c131.jpg

What? you talking to me?

At 47 my eyes are fading and my hearing is f%^ked and ringing with tinnitus, my hair left over a decade ago and now grows out my ears more than on my head, I have brittle low density bones, but my 7 years of chronic spinal arthritis is in remission ATM so that's great :D

I'm going down fighting though, I can still smash two thirds of the competition at the mountain bike races I attend and ride all mountain trails that scare the teenagers :D Afterwards you will find me still up partying till the last leave and dancing like no one is watching :D

What? what did you say mate? OLD???? not me mate no f#%kin' way :p

What? you talking to me?

At 47 my eyes are fading and my hearing is f%^ked and ringing with tinnitus, my hair left over a decade ago and now grows out my ears more than on my head, I have brittle low density bones, but my 7 years of chronic spinal arthritis is in remission ATM so that's great :D

I'm going down fighting though, I can still smash two thirds of the competition at the mountain bike races I attend and ride all mountain trails that scare the teenagers :D Afterwards you will find me still up partying till the last leave and dancing like no one is watching :D

That's the spirit!!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Hey Rat! I know you were just riffing, but you raise a good point, perhaps I should have said getting older...has a better connotations...wiser..in most cases anyway. :lol Loved reading your post mate! :)

• 6 months later...

You know you're getting older

A young friend was snap chatting me from a local night club the other night and got me thinking i remember going there 20 years ago she was one at the time hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why are you posting?, you are still in your 30's

darn kids

I caught up with a few mates last weekend at our old pub (Epping. NSW) and we worked out its been 32 years since we all had a beer together there. Reckon half of the AA members weren't even born then:lol

I caught up with a few mates last weekend at our old pub (Epping. NSW) and we worked out its been 32 years since we all had a beer together there. Reckon half of the AA members weren't even born then:lol

32 years ago I was playing my howzat pin in my two bedroom flat listening to a great new Van Halen album on vinyl.

I need to find that video:)

You know your getting old when you reminisce back when you were in your twenties or thirties thinking that someone in their fifties was an old bastard, and then you realise that you just had your 50 th birthday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk