Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fireball Classic - Can anyone help me work out where this wire is to go?

mrdamager

Question

Hi, my Fireball classic is no longer working. I receive 5 green flashing LED lights on the MPU board.

Upon close inspection around the power supply I found this wire seems to have popped out from somewhere & I have no idea where it goes.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

untitled.thumb.jpg.e91b87f6ed2f46308d6228de2e3b1d20.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've just had another look and i'm now wondering if it has popped from this clip.

untitled1.thumb.jpg.27a12e12cfbecf1df1200011cbdc0d05.jpg

11 answers to this question

It definitely does seem that it goes into that wire joiner.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a particular trick to getting the wire to go back into it? The 'slot' for the wire doesn't appear to be quite big enough to prevent the wire from immediately popping right out again.

I may have made a mistake when I thought that there were 5 flashes. After watching the MPU again when I turn the machine on it gives a brief flicker, then a flash, brief pause and then five more flashes. So 6 flashes in total.

The wire did seem to go into the joiner. On closer inspection of the wire I could see puncture marks from where it had been inside the joiner previously. I replaced the joiner.

I've also pulled out and put back in all of the connectors and replaced the fuses.

I'm still having the same issue. I also noticed a wire that had been previously cut that has been soldered together. Does this look ok to you guys?

- - - Updated - - -

photo3.thumb.jpg.d988bbe388c659e868bbfc429da7f320.jpg

after you work out exactly where the wire comes and goes i can offer a suitable schematic if you need it.. ( fbc manual is hard to find so probably from another game but they are all much the same.

in case you didnt know, the pin numbers are beside the holes where the wire goes into the back of the mate'nlock plugs in tiny writing .. hard to see but its there.

I can email you the Elektra manual & the Bally repair procedure manual, it has the same Power supply & PCB's. PM me you email address.

no real need to email it, its still online from when i sent it to you. but let him work out what exactly it is first so he doesnt have to swim through a whole manual to find the right page

Fixed!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you guys. So often I find that my problems with my machines are so simple that I overlook them and miss the obvious.

I was so focused on that wire towards the end that I failed to check connectors J2 & J3 on the rectifier board properly.

Machine has booted up.

Thanks for redirecting me towards following a logical approach.