Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Need Help with Monitors

Doggz00

Question

Has anybody seen this problem before? (The picture is sideways)

IMG_0239.jpg

I have this problem in two different monitors. First one is a Makvision, Everything was working fine when I bought it. Got it home and in transit the power cord got nicked. So when I turned it on something blew. I have replaced the power supply and changed the monitor chassis for a working one. And still the same problem. Machine plays fine but the screen is as in the picture. Please help! I will try anything

4 answers to this question

There is more wrong on that screen beside the flyback being too high though, the way the lines are broken is not good, unless that is just the photo not being able to cope with the frequency of the monitor. But a flyback/brightness tweak would be the first thing I would do.

Turn the brightness pot and flyback screen pot all the way down. Then adjust the flyback slightly back a short turn. Then adjust the brightness until you get a solid black, with no retrace lines. Flyback and brightness adjustments are kind of a balancing act. Turn the flyback up too high, and you get those retrace lines, but you can then adjust the brightness to give you the best image, until you hit the retrace lines again, then wind the brightness back.