Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 27 - Game 4 - Bagman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only been to level two once and the wheelbarrow was on the left screen for me.

You would think those guards would be tired after all the running on level one but they just get faster!

Been to level 2 three times now and the 2nd and 3rd times the wheelbarrow appeared on the left screen. It must be a random thing I'm guessing

I made it to level 2 again today (didn't top my score though).

Worked out a couple of handy tricks that have helped my gameplay.

I realise while I am typing this that I've had enough for today...I have the Bagman music playing in my head...:o

haven't played this or anything for a week, no gaming time due to 1/3 of my house being in demolition mode. I'll try and squeeze in a game before it closes on Sunday if I can even get near my cab :(

I think I have level one pretty well worked out and have made it to level two a few times now (once on my first man today!)

Here is a tip for the left side screen that I have worked out with much trial and error.

When the game starts move up the first ladder and turn right into the lowest tunnel (with the pick).

Run to the end of the tunnel and grab the money bag and return that back to the start of the tunnel and drop it.

At this stage the guard will be almost to you. Run back and get the pick and chase (but don't hit) the guard.

Your goal is to get the guard to climb down the ladder, he will do this reasonably quickly. If he doesn't climb down quickly you will need to keep dropping and picking up the pick. This resets the pick timer. Without doing this the pick will disappear and you will be trapped.

As soon as the guard begins to climb down the ladder, drop the pick and stop all movement of Bagman.

When you are not moving and the guard reaches the bottom of the ladder he will almost always go left into the corner and then turn and walk along the bottom of the screen. If he happens to climb the ladder again then repeat the procedure with the pick until he climbs back down and walks along the bottom.

As soon as he has passed the ladder you are free to start hauling bags up to the wheelbarrow with plenty of free time as he wanders away from you.

This will not work if you make any movement while he is at the base of the ladder making a decision.

I know that sounds a lot but it only takes around 15-20 seconds and you can have the first screen clear of guards for a while.

When they return it is usually together from the bottom and they are manageable and easy to steer around at the early stage of the level.

I hope that helps someone enjoy this game a bit more and helps towards a new PB.

Just don't go beating my score though!

Here are the rest of my tips for this game.

Clear all left screen bags first. Start at the bottom and work up.

Don't put money bags in wheelbarrow straight away. Gather two or three together and put them in one after the other to maximise bonus.

When left screen is clear, skip middle screen and push barrow all the way to right screen.

Clear top three bags straight away. Bring others up in lift one at a time.

If cops won't leave lift area on right screen then use this time to clear middle screen one bag at a time.

The blue bag is worth double bonus. Keep a yellow bag next to the barrow, carry the blue bag and drop it next to the barrow also.

Yellow bag in first, then blue equals 8000 points for blue bag.

Ride in the wagons as long as you need to until guards move from danger areas.

When using the pick don't kill the cops, just make them run away. You will need to keep dropping and grabbing the pick repeatedly or else it will disappear. Dropping/picking up resets the pick timer.

If you enter a screen and the lift is not where you want it then quickly run out and back in screen again and it will have moved/changed direction.

Don't ever stand still, even if you are waiting for a lift run back and forth on the spot, running horizontally equals points.

Hope this helps someone grab a few extra points.

Here are the rest of my tips for this game.

Clear all left screen bags first. Start at the bottom and work up.

Don't put money bags in wheelbarrow straight away. Gather two or three together and put them in one after the other to maximise bonus.

When left screen is clear, skip middle screen and push barrow all the way to right screen.

Clear top three bags straight away. Bring others up in lift one at a time.

If cops won't leave lift area on right screen then use this time to clear middle screen one bag at a time.

The blue bag is worth double bonus. Keep a yellow bag next to the barrow, carry the blue bag and drop it next to the barrow also.

Yellow bag in first, then blue equals 8000 points for blue bag.

Ride in the wagons as long as you need to until guards move from danger areas.

When using the pick don't kill the cops, just make them run away. You will need to keep dropping and grabbing the pick repeatedly or else it will disappear. Dropping/picking up resets the pick timer.

If you enter a screen and the lift is not where you want it then quickly run out and back in screen again and it will have moved/changed direction.

Don't ever stand still, even if you are waiting for a lift run back and forth on the spot, running horizontally equals points.

Hope this helps someone grab a few extra points.

If only you posted this last week ;)

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

This game ends at 6pm AEST - which is just under 3½ hours from now. I won't be around to call time up, perhaps @camaro or someone else can do the honours. I didn't play this as much as I thought I would, I think it's just another of those games with heaps of potential that suffers from the way to hard way to fast syndrome.

- - - Updated - - -

And double crap. Just realised that I forgot to put the next game up on Friday night, will try and get it up shortly :redface

took a break from painting chores, ended up being a 2 hour break, and finally cleared the 1st level, which is a first for me. I did pretty ok on my first and only crack at L2, by just grabbing a couple bags from the first screen, then hightailing it to screen 3 for a few more, but was on my last life so no time to experiment. I was expecting L2 to look different for some reason. Anyway, happy with this!

WP_20160424_14_35_15_Pro.thumb.jpg.c7f99bb5ce0869feb97cf87d1f438f3d.jpg

I seemed to be tricked into dropping a money bag on the long lh ladder a bit, which only temporarily gets you out of trouble as going back to retrieve it typically got me into more hot water.

The increased intensity of play and the tips is one thing I really like about MGL. I'd previously played this a bit because it looked good, but had never really bothered to look at rules and to gain a better understanding of it, but MGL encourages you to do this :D

Yep. Used it as a weapon a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

When I say this, I didn't like doing it in the ladders. I liked getting the police to chase me on the lower of the two inclines on the first screen and drop the bag on the way up so it would slide down and take them out. Then I could grab the bag and head up the ladder easily.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I tried not to drop the money bag at all. If you are dropping the money bag as a weapon then you are letting the cops get too close.

I found it easier to control the movement of the cops by riding in the mine carts or switching screens until they were out of the way. The cops work on 'line of sight' and will turn and follow you horizontally if you are on the same level. You can use this to get them to turn and follow and then get out of line of sight and continue collecting bags.

The only money bag I dropped for strategy was the one on the left screen at the end of the angled tunnel. This is the second bag I pick up during a game and if you grab it and head for the downhill slope you can do a quick turn and drop it backwards and have it slide down the tunnel ahead of you.

This saves about half a second. That doesn't sound much but it is the difference in being able to dump four, instead of three, bags in the wheelbarrow in a row later in the level.