Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Arcade (PC) in Virtual Pinball Cab

I'm having trouble finding info on the above due to searching for the words Pinball and Arcade.

Has anyone here setup Pinball Arcade PC version in their virtual pinball cabs? And with 3 screens, especially now that the Free Camera Mod is out.

I assume the setup of your buttons are the same as setting up for PinballX etc?

I've bought the Virtual Pinball Encoder Kit from @OzStick. I assume it's setup the same for Pinball Arcade :unsure

If you have, do you prefer Pinball Arcade or PinballX or the others?

I know the cost may be a factor. It's gonna cost roughly US$200 to get all the packs to have every table, but I find the Pinball Arcade tables more enjoyable to play (not that I've played too many VP tables yet, but I've played all the PA tables on my PS3).

Any thoughts?

Pinball X is a front end and controls how you run all your tables (just like Hyperpin). A great front end and is worth the membership to download the latest version.

It really makes your setup easier to run and looks great.

Before lashing out on money why don't you try the free tables first and set up?

Nothing should be different in setting up our cab.

Not sure about the info you require but you do know about the Camera mod but just in case - http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/10199-DOWNLOAD-Pinball-Arcade-Free-Camera-Mod

With Physmod 5 and VPX10 the graphics are up there with PA. Remember there are different authors of tables and some are better than others. I would say though that the physics are better in VP.

HTH

Jas

I have both on my cab, but I tend to play VP the most. I have attempted to get the camera mod going with PA meaning I can run backglass and dmd, but I found it confusing as ****, and have not been back to it :)

That said, there are some games that look better in PA then they do in VP (BSD is one of them)

but as acejas said above physics are better in VP, and especially now with VPX.

So many TLA'S, sorry ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have both on my cab, but I tend to play VP the most.

Do you have TPA running on it's own or through PinballX? I tried setting mine up through PX but it worked for a while but has now stopped!!!???? :unsure . It just won't load TPA anymore??? It works fine on it's own through Steam though.

I have attempted to get the camera mod going with PA meaning I can run backglass and dmd, but I found it confusing as ****, and have not been back to it :)

I've actually found the opposite so far :lol. I find VP confusing as ***** and TPA (running on it's own through Steam) easier. I found if you setup one games DMD with the Camera mod and save it, you then just copy that dmd file and rename the copy for the other games (with same dmd sizes) and their dmd is automatically setup for you. Having said all that, I haven't played with the camera adjustments yet and I haven't had a chance to download/setup backglasses yet 'cause I don't have my 3 screens setup atm.

What I find confusing is having to jump from forum to forum to look for posts with similar problems.

Do you have TPA running on it's own or through PinballX? I tried setting mine up through PX but it worked for a while but has now stopped!!!???? :unsure . It just won't load TPA anymore??? It works fine on it's own through Steam though.

I've actually found the opposite so far [emoji38]. I find VP confusing as ***** and TPA (running on it's own through Steam) easier. I found if you setup one games DMD with the Camera mod and save it, you then just copy that dmd file and rename the copy for the other games (with same dmd sizes) and their dmd is automatically setup for you. Having said all that, I haven't played with the camera adjustments yet and I haven't had a chance to download/setup backglasses yet 'cause I don't have my 3 screens setup atm.

What I find confusing is having to jump from forum to forum to look for posts with similar problems.

I don't use pinballx, I'm using an arcade front end I modified to suit a pincab. (maximus arcade) Guess it depends what you are used to. I tend to focus on VP from the start, community-driven software. I don't find it confusing at all.

Yes, I am talking about having backglass and dmd running on a PA table not just dmd. I doubt you could use just the one size dmd for all games though, as backglass are different in their dmd window.

I hope to get some time soon to investigate the PA multi screen mod in more detail when I get back home again from holidays... Good luck with it