Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Enhanced PM Modification Installed *EVERYBODY READ*

• Administrators

I've installed a new enhanced PM system for AA, you will notice the new look when you click on your inbox.

Major Features

• Attachments in PM's: Users now can use attachments in their pm's. (Pro) *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

• PM Auto Responder: Users can set a auto response to pm's they receive if they wish. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

• No Links in PM's: Admins have the ability to set no links in pm's.

• PM Blocker: User have the ability to set up a pm block from users they do not wish to get pm's from. *For AA Members who have 30 posts 30 days membership and AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

• PM Warning Block: User have the ability to set up a warning message that senders will see if try and send a pm to someone with it set up. *Disabled*

• Minimum Posts To Send PM's: Admins have the ability to set minimum amount of posts to send pm's. *Disabled*

• Pm Previews: Admins can set from two different types of pm preview, a threaded type or mouseover. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

• Excluded Usergroups/Users From Sending PM's: Admins can set usergroups to not be able to send pm's. *Enabled*

• Days Registered To Send PM's: Admins can set minimum days registered to be able to send pm's. *Enabled - Set to 7 Days*

• Throttle PM's: Admins can set a limit on how many pm users can send in a given time period. *Disabled*

• PM Notifications: Admins can choose between two different notifications users will see when they have unread pm's. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

• PM Post Quote: Users can be pm'd if someone quotes them in a post. *Disabled*

• Auto Quote Pm: Users can have the option to automatically remove the auto quote from PM's they reply to.

• Reply To All Recipients: Users can choose to reply to all, if the pm was sent to multiple recipients. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

• Prune PM's Via Cron Job: Admins can set pm's to be pruned by a cron job.

• Force Users To Read PM's: Admins can set it so users must read pm's before doing anything on the forum.

• Mass PM Users From ACP: Admins can mass pm users from the acp, with many types of criteria to choose from.

• PM Stats/Log: List showing all users PM stats.

Most features are enabled with the exception of a few and the best features are for people who have Upgraded Accounts and Sponsors.

*IMPORTANT*

The system is set up so new users and those who don't meet the minimum requirements can not PM others until they have been a member 7 days. Essentially this will affect those people who sit in the background and don't participate.

Anybody seen spamming up their 10 posts will have their accounts banned.

Lastly when you block a user I've set it up so that user can't PM the person they blocked either, this is a pet peeve of mine.

Enjoy :D

Edited by Arcade King

Ok, not sure if this is part of the new PM system. I am getting sent PMs when somebody quotes me, which as you can understand, would be pretty annoying. It used to be a notification, now it is a PM. I do not have a paid account, which means that I am limited to 100 PMs. Is there anyway to turn off the PM when quoted message setting? Thanks.

EDIT: Just read it here. PM Post Quote: Users can be pm'd if someone quotes them in a post. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

Is there a way to turn this setting off and bring back the notification setting? I also was not aware my account was upgraded? I donated once or twice a while back.

• Administrators
Ok, not sure if this is part of the new PM system. I am getting sent PMs when somebody quotes me, which as you can understand, would be pretty annoying. It used to be a notification, now it is a PM. I do not have a paid account, which means that I am limited to 100 PMs. Is there anyway to turn off the PM when quoted message setting? Thanks.

EDIT: Just read it here. PM Post Quote: Users can be pm'd if someone quotes them in a post. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

Is there a way to turn this setting off and bring back the notification setting? I also was not aware my account was upgraded? I donated once or twice a while back.

I just disabled it globally.

You still get a notification but it appears at the bottom of the forum now.

Is anyone else having notification issues with tapa talk . Since last Monday I don't get any notifications on my phone for any subscribed threads . I did update software the other day not sure if this has affected it ( iOS )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Just a quick post about PM's.

I've noticed a lot of people reply to the email sent out telling them they have received a PM on AA even though it says "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!".

If you reply to this email it just gets sent back to me so just a heads up to reply via the forum.

Cheers