Thread: Enhanced PM Modification Installed *EVERYBODY READ*

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2076 Post(s)

Enhanced PM Modification Installed *EVERYBODY READ*

I've installed a new enhanced PM system for AA, you will notice the new look when you click on your inbox.

Major Features

• Attachments in PM's: Users now can use attachments in their pm's. (Pro) *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*
    • PM Auto Responder: Users can set a auto response to pm's they receive if they wish. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*
    • No Links in PM's: Admins have the ability to set no links in pm's.
    • PM Blocker: User have the ability to set up a pm block from users they do not wish to get pm's from. *For AA Members who have 30 posts 30 days membership and AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*
    • PM Warning Block: User have the ability to set up a warning message that senders will see if try and send a pm to someone with it set up. *Disabled*
    • Minimum Posts To Send PM's: Admins have the ability to set minimum amount of posts to send pm's. *Disabled*
    • Pm Previews: Admins can set from two different types of pm preview, a threaded type or mouseover. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*
    • Excluded Usergroups/Users From Sending PM's: Admins can set usergroups to not be able to send pm's. *Enabled*
    • Days Registered To Send PM's: Admins can set minimum days registered to be able to send pm's. *Enabled - Set to 7 Days*
    • Throttle PM's: Admins can set a limit on how many pm users can send in a given time period. *Disabled*
    • PM Notifications: Admins can choose between two different notifications users will see when they have unread pm's. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*
    • PM Post Quote: Users can be pm'd if someone quotes them in a post. *Disabled*
    • Auto Quote Pm: Users can have the option to automatically remove the auto quote from PM's they reply to.
    • Reply To All Recipients: Users can choose to reply to all, if the pm was sent to multiple recipients. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*
    • Prune PM's Via Cron Job: Admins can set pm's to be pruned by a cron job.
    • Force Users To Read PM's: Admins can set it so users must read pm's before doing anything on the forum.
    • Mass PM Users From ACP: Admins can mass pm users from the acp, with many types of criteria to choose from.
    • PM Stats/Log: List showing all users PM stats.

Most features are enabled with the exception of a few and the best features are for people who have Upgraded Accounts and Sponsors.

*IMPORTANT*
    The system is set up so new users and those who don't meet the minimum requirements can not PM others until they have been a member 7 days. Essentially this will affect those people who sit in the background and don't participate.
    Anybody seen spamming up their 10 posts will have their accounts banned.

Lastly when you block a user I've set it up so that user can't PM the person they blocked either, this is a pet peeve of mine.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Arcade King; 5th April 2016 at 04:23 AM.

State
    Ballarat, Victoria
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    766 Post(s)
    I like that noobs and lurkers cannot send PMs

It is a forum , it is more fun to participate

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2076 Post(s)

It also makes it fairer for participating members in regards to sales. Nothing worse than loosing out to a lurker who contributes nothing.

State
    Ballarat, Victoria
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    766 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade King View Post
    It also makes it fairer for participating members in regards to sales. Nothing worse than loosing out to a lurker who contributes nothing.
    yeah, who is to say the lurkers PM got their before the seasoned members?

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1982 Post(s)
    Who is to say that the seller has to sell to the lurker.?

anyway...

State
    Mulgoa, NSW
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)
    PMs disabled for lurkers is something I've wanted to see for a long time.

The Barn - 2020 - watch this space
    SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1450 Post(s)
    Ok, not sure if this is part of the new PM system. I am getting sent PMs when somebody quotes me, which as you can understand, would be pretty annoying. It used to be a notification, now it is a PM. I do not have a paid account, which means that I am limited to 100 PMs. Is there anyway to turn off the PM when quoted message setting? Thanks.

EDIT: Just read it here. PM Post Quote: Users can be pm'd if someone quotes them in a post. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

Is there a way to turn this setting off and bring back the notification setting? I also was not aware my account was upgraded? I donated once or twice a while back.

State
    Brisbane - Oz
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)
    Nice features.

I also noticed the bold yellow warning box that comes up to tell you, you have a PM.

Can't miss it now!

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2076 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namastepat View Post
    Ok, not sure if this is part of the new PM system. I am getting sent PMs when somebody quotes me, which as you can understand, would be pretty annoying. It used to be a notification, now it is a PM. I do not have a paid account, which means that I am limited to 100 PMs. Is there anyway to turn off the PM when quoted message setting? Thanks.

EDIT: Just read it here. PM Post Quote: Users can be pm'd if someone quotes them in a post. *For AA Members with upgraded Accounts and Sponsors*

Is there a way to turn this setting off and bring back the notification setting? I also was not aware my account was upgraded? I donated once or twice a while back.
    I just disabled it globally.
    You still get a notification but it appears at the bottom of the forum now.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1450 Post(s)
    Awesome, way better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information