Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 27 - WILD CARD Game - Moon Patrol

Great score magrinder, I'm going to have a few more games this afternoon but I don't expect to beat that. How do you go with the sections that have heaps of spaceships and holes to jump over? I think I'm reasonably good at watching for bullets and adjusting speed to suit, I usually sit at default speed and try to shoot as many spaceships as early as possible and speed up or slow down as soon as dangerous bullets appear. But sometimes I still seem to get a bad run even to the point of occasionally dying 3 times in a row due to bullets that seemed impossible to predict or avoid. Do you need to play heaps of games to get a good run and a score like 300k ? do you have heaps of games around the 150k mark like I do?
  • Like 1

I've been playing two to three full games a day. I'll quit if I'm not playing well and restart or just quit and play something else. I find that I can't play this game well at all if I'm tired in the least. On days off, I'll try and get a few more games in. It's been a game I've always wanted to work on, so that helps a lot.

As for bombs, I think you (@Rat) said it best: it's a combination of skill and luck. Sometimes you get great shots off, other times it seems like there is nothing you can do. I still lose guys on round one every other game or so. Very frustrating.

One thing I try and do is to never go fast when yellow ships are out. I ignore blue ships and allow ancillary fire to take them out (though watch for their bombs). If I know I'm entering into a yellow ship swarm, I try and enter in slow, then toggle back between mid speed and slow being mindful of the craters. If I see a crater, quick like a bunny just before the crater I'll move to mid speed so I'll have enough speed to able to jump it, then back to slow (dodging fire when needed). It's not always easy. It does not always work as intended. The hardest batch is the last section where you have craters, blue ships, swarms of yellow and that one set of double rocks all at once. It's a deal breaker swarm.

Keep in mind though, the difference between 250 and 300 is really only a couple of sections. The real kicker is the 10K end round bonus. It's the first time I ever was able to grab that round four 10K.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93301[/ATTACH]

I figured I'd better get a score up (I thought I already has and I don't even know if this one is my best (but it wouldn't be much better anyway if it isn't) after forgetting to put a score up for the last VPGL table.

• Like 1

Just played my last game for the comp on this and got 173k which is still an above average score for me. I think only one death in that game was not from random very difficult to dodge bullets falling on me.

Did anyone get 58sec for the first E ? I used to get it but can't now perhaps it was a different rom?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just played my last game for the comp on this and got 173k which is still an above average score for me. I think only one death in that game was not from random very difficult to dodge bullets falling on me.

Did anyone get 58sec for the first E ? I used to get it but can't now perhaps it was a different rom?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yep get 58 secs.

• Like 1