Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Does anyone here have what I think was called a "Taito Crane 77" skill tester?

The thread starter by @illawarra_steelers about his 1940's skill merchandiser brought back memories of the Crane 77.

As a kid I was obsessed with that machine. I even tried to build the gantry part from a combination of Mechano and Lego !

Sadly I can't seem to find any real information on it online. Maybe I have the machine name wrong?

I noticed that you offered to email me a copy of that manual back in 2008, but buggered if I can find it. That was when I had the LAI jumbo skill tester.

A while later I ended up trashing the cabinet (it was ridiculously large), but kept the control panel, some of the artwork and all of the mechanics.

The thought of building a new skill tester has crossed my mind over the past few years - maybe in the Crane 77 style.

I also picked up one of these about three years ago in Melbourne, as you say not too much info about them on the net. I did manage to contact a guy in Qld that had a few of them and was able to get a copy of the manual which I have scanned into a PDF version if anyone wants a copy.
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
I'm going to revive this thread! I just purchased one of these today on behalf of my brother, and it still works! crazy! I haven't seen one for some thirty years.

Photos please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photos please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best I can do til I collect.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]128808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]128809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]128810[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...

A few more pics. Will obviously need some work, but I think its in pretty good condition considering. Can someone confirm that date sticker - it looks like its a back to front date?

Cheers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129969[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129970[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129971[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129972[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129973[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129974[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129975[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129976[/ATTACH]

• 4 years later...