Thread: Taito Crane 77 ?

State
    Victoria Point (Brisbane)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

Taito Crane 77 ?

Does anyone here have what I think was called a "Taito Crane 77" skill tester?

The thread starter by @illawarra_steelers about his 1940's skill merchandiser brought back memories of the Crane 77.

As a kid I was obsessed with that machine. I even tried to build the gantry part from a combination of Mechano and Lego !

Sadly I can't seem to find any real information on it online. Maybe I have the machine name wrong?
    "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1990 Post(s)
    Your right about the name-
    My pins: Wild life, Top Score, Space Mission, Target Alpha, Cleopatra, Pin*Bot, Black~Rose & Wizard of Oz, LE No.#53
    My Arcades: Funland Rifle EM, Hankin Table 20", Mame 20" Horizontal Cab, 17 in 1 Horizontal 20" cab, Outrun2 sit down game, Foosball table & a Pokie.

Have owned:
    Lost World, Magic Castle, Elektra, Indiana Jones.

State
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

Actually, I just found a thread from 2008 about the Crane 77 that I even posted in! @Crafty had one back then.

Not that I found it using the AA search (which never seem to work properly for me). It came up in my Google searches.
    "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    I have one of these. I have a pdf copy of the manual but it was copied from a manual that had been wet. Mostly readable..
    Last edited by arcadus; 13th March 2016 at 08:59 PM.
    EM score motors wanted: nonworking or working
    Sega Sub Roc 3D periscope mech. needed except motors.
    Wanted, Mitsubishi 60" RP (vs 6041) complete TV gun assembly. (R Proj TV/monitors and parts taken away).
    Take Five pinball machine PCB wanted.

State
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

I noticed that you offered to email me a copy of that manual back in 2008, but buggered if I can find it. That was when I had the LAI jumbo skill tester.

A while later I ended up trashing the cabinet (it was ridiculously large), but kept the control panel, some of the artwork and all of the mechanics.

The thought of building a new skill tester has crossed my mind over the past few years - maybe in the Crane 77 style.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I also picked up one of these about three years ago in Melbourne, as you say not too much info about them on the net. I did manage to contact a guy in Qld that had a few of them and was able to get a copy of the manual which I have scanned into a PDF version if anyone wants a copy.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Thanks TV1. Received ok. Between yours and mine, I reconstructed most of the schematic but not right at the bottom for the D relay. Some notations are missing too.
    taito 77 schematic.jpg
    EM score motors wanted: nonworking or working
    Sega Sub Roc 3D periscope mech. needed except motors.
    Wanted, Mitsubishi 60" RP (vs 6041) complete TV gun assembly. (R Proj TV/monitors and parts taken away).
    Take Five pinball machine PCB wanted.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    I'm going to revive this thread! I just purchased one of these today on behalf of my brother, and it still works! crazy! I haven't seen one for some thirty years.

State
    Geelong
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    468 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldcat34 View Post
    I'm going to revive this thread! I just purchased one of these today on behalf of my brother, and it still works! crazy! I haven't seen one for some thirty years.
    Photos please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddstoys View Post
    Photos please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best I can do til I collect.