Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

ACS 2014-5 Recording

Hey Everyone.

I Just wanted to make a thread for the recent ACS recording so that no one misses the linking post in the main thread (its buried somewhere).

Firstly, Thanks so much to Andrew, Nathan and Dave for putting in a huge effort running the event and accomodating me in my amature recording endevour. Also, a big thanks to the guys that got onto the mic to help out with commentating, Nathan, Tim, Richard, Marc and Dave L. You guys did an awesome job and make the whole thing much more enjoyable to watch!

I'm extremely happy with this first attempt a doing a bit more serious recording! I will say though to please bear in mind that this is by no means a professional production so please don't be too picky. It was all done on an equiptment budget of under $500 that I've spent over the last year (minus laptop, but including some begging and borrowing).

If there are any Pro AV guys or anyone that can help out I'd be very glad to take some advice or assistance. I think the next step is to get a proper lighting setup. The lighting in the room was quite good i think, but I believe it is responsible for some of the frame droping on walking dead and Banzai run.

Playlist link:

=========================================

Round 1 Game 1/2

Tim Chapman VS Paul Jones on The Walking Dead

Round 1 Game 2/2

Tim Chapman VS Paul Jones on Banzai Run

Round 2 Game 1/3

Johnny Crabtree VS Brett Goodwin on Mustang

***Sorry guys, lost Bretts game. He was able to best Johhny and took the win.***

The malfunction gave Johnny 6500 extra points, but Brett was able to exceed Johnny's score and therefore a ruling wasn't needed.

[video=youtube;xrrKDBnuw-E]

Round 2 Game 2/3

Lindsay Dawtrey VS Matthew Venables on Mustang

[video=youtube;-M-vFMak63c]

Round 2 Game 3/3

Lindsay Dawtrey VS Matthew Venables on White Water

- - - Updated - - -

need someone else to post cos of the 10 video per post limit

Edited by jagojp

ACS 2014-5 Finals Round 3 Game 1/2

Robert Macauley VS Brett Goodwin on Joker Poker

[video=youtube;ldohf-b85q4]

ACS 2014-5 Finals Round 3 Game 2/2

Robert Macauley VS Brett Goodwin on Atlantis

ACS 2014-5 Finals Round 4 Game 1/3

Paul Jones VS Brett Goodwin on The Walking Dead

ACS 2014-5 Finals Round 4 Game 2/3

Paul Jones VS Brett Goodwin on Fireball II

ACS 2014-5 Finals Round 4 Game 3/3

Paul Jones VS Brett Goodwin on Atlantis

[video=youtube;PqN-CQ-Augc]

ACS 2014-5 Trophy ceremony

- - - Updated - - -

Vids come up well:)

Thanks Toads. :)

Thanks John, Fergs and Nate for the Rail-ways airtime with our logo there - muchly appreciated. Quite enjoyed the Saturday displaying our humble wares and catching up with all the usual crew and a few I haven't seen for awhile.

Many thanks to the guys that put this inaugural event on - I doth my hat:023:

Great work John, and backslaps to all those who facilitated, especially the Wildball crew who saw through the fetal stages of videoing Australian pinball.

There's still a lot to go to get where I expect John would like to see future recording and finished product, however with one accomplishment under the belt, there's now a benchmark that I'm sure will be improved upon with each successive video and commentary output.

One thing I'd like to hear more of in future commentary is talk of pork buns, burritos, (nice work, Tim) and the like.

Something that many of you may not know: When OS (not UK) celebrities visit AUS and do the promotional circuit for the first time, they're heavily schooled by their PR handlers on 'Aussie humour' and idioms - Particularly 'taking the piss'. Visiting celebs who don't understand how our humour works are seen as brainless by the AUS public, whilst those who don't take themselves seriously in public see their Australian profile shoot through the roof.

So yeah - A suggestion for future AUS pinball commentary - Try to focus a lot less on pinball, and more on deadly Australian fauna (particularly the Dropbear), the two dogs out the back, Steven Bradbury's new Koala drop chocolate range, Bob Hawke's drinking prowess, the new triple strength Vegemite currently being tested at Pine Gap, the tin foil and human sacrifice required to keep a stable internet connection, and yadda yadda yadda.

IMO it will be the commentary of future @jagojp productions that will entice OS pinball players to visit our fair shores.

They've all seen pinball before.

Cheers,

G

Good stuff John, really enjoyed watching through. Yourself, Tim, Nate and Marc were thoroughly entertaining on the call too.

Marc: "Why'd you look at Nate when you said that?"

Tim: "Because he showed me a burrito."

Edited by Malone
added something

Good stuff John, really enjoyed watching through. Yourself, Tim, Nate and Marc were thoroughly entertaining on the call too.

Marc: "Why'd you look at Nate when you said that?"

Tim: "Because he showed me a burrito."

That was a really unexpected response to my question, but utterly appropriate. Tim was on fire that day.