Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 27 - Get your nominations in now

I am loving some of these nominations. It makes me glad that I never chose them :)

Ha, yeah there are a number I am going to look up in my cab today. Twinkle Star Sprites will be first, that sounds like a breakfast cereal.

Nominations are now closed.

I'll do my level best to get at least one game up Thursday night - probably the wild card game. And then the first of the regular 8 games up on Friday night. Work has been hectic, so forgive me if I'm a bit slow getting it done.

The wild card was a bit of a bust - I think without double checking only one game got 2 votes so that is what we'll play. A quick hint, it is a classic, it has been played before but I think it's also a game that lends itself to being played a fair bit over the next 2 months or so without being hated by too many people.

Some pretty big changes this MGL, let me know what you think as we go along. Whatever you like or don't like will shape future MGL's and hopefully keep them fresh and keep people wanting to participate.

I also missed NOMs.....due to the bottle of Merlot in front of me....but as I have so much happening again I might not get many games in anyway. Still looking forward to the comp and having a reason to power up the cabs, some great games have been posted and although I won't have time to compete at the top end I will enjoy a quick bash at a few and the banter on AA.

Thanks John for spending the time to run another MGL :)

Well my short term memory is well and truly shot (surely alcohol isn't to blame? :lol). There were actually 5 games that got 2 nominations in the wild card process. I've selected a random one (using http://www.random.org for anyone who wonders if my picks really are random :D).

The wild card will start tomorrow night at around 6:30pm EST (7:30 AEDT) and at various other times for those who don't live in on the east coast of Australia - I'm sorry, but I'm far to lazy to look them all up :) Keep an eye on the MGL27 section and when it's up it's up.

Better not be Bump n jump :realmad:

Did I forget to mention that one of the privileges of running an MGL is that your wild card selection counts for double that of everyone else? The ROM is BNJ for anyone that is wondering and who wants a head start in the competition.

Where's the game to kick it off and which game is the wildcard game??:unsure

Patience grasshopper :P

- - - Updated - - -

Daylight savings here 7.15 pm oh well may as well go and play some pinball :D

You know we are backwards up here in Qld and don't have DLS, hence the 6:30 AEST I posted for the game start. I aimed for 6:30p, but dinner got in the way :) 20 minutes isn't too much delay is it?

Game on.

- - - Updated - - -

Final Nominations List:

Games

1 1943

2 Balloon Fight

3 Bank Panic

4 Bomb Jack

5 Bull Fight

6 Burgertime

7 Commando

8 Crush Roller :punish:

9 Electric Yo-Yo

10 Elevator Action

11 Elevator Action II

12 Exciting Hour / Mat Mania

13 Gekisou

14 Ghosts n Goblins

15 Guzzler

16 Hat Trick Hero 93

17 J.J. Squawkers

18 Jr Pacman Turbo

19 Jungler

20 Klax

21 Lunar Rescue

22 Mario Bros.

23 Metal Slug

24 New Rally X

25 Pacland

26 Pacman

27 Pandora's Palace

28 Physic 5

29 Pleiades

30 Radical Redial

31 Rastan

32 Ring King

33 Robocop

34 Sea Fighter Poseidon

35 Shinobi

36 Star Force

37 Strider

38 Swimmer

39 Super Pang (Tour Mode)

40 Tiger Shark

41 Twinkle Star Sprites

42 Xevious 3D/G

43 Zaxxon

Genres

Sports x 1

Shooter Horizontal x 2

Shooter Vertical x 6

Platform x 11

Maze x 7

Fighter x 1

Let me know if I've missed anyones nominations. Game 1 should hopefully be up about this time tomorrow night.

Game 1, 3, 5 and 7 will be a random selection from those nominated. Games 2, 4, 6 and 8 will be from the most popular following genres - Platform, Maze, Vertical Shooter and Horizontal Shooter.

• 2 months later...
You were right. I fired up Exciting Hour tonight and the first opponent was Insane Worrier.

yeah it was the one i played at the arcades, i didn't know about mat mania until mame and i've played that since as i prefer cory to yari....

now that it didn't come up in mgl must give it a bash i think.

yeah it was the one i played at the arcades, i didn't know about mat mania until mame and i've played that since as i prefer cory to yari....

now that it didn't come up in mgl must give it a bash i think.

i only saw it as Mat Mania, i loved it in Arcades but for some reason it's never been a fave in Mame. I think I probably forgot the moves etc.

It was said about an MGLér of the past - he was so good at Exciting Hour, he could play it until it became Boring Hour.

i only saw it as Mat Mania, i loved it in Arcades but for some reason it's never been a fave in Mame. I think I probably forgot the moves etc.

It was said about an MGLér of the past - he was so good at Exciting Hour, he could play it until it became Boring Hour.

lol there's not that many moves :)

yeah i can see it becoming boring hour, by the time i've done a couple of matches after the title fight i'm done and i'll just play for ring outs to entertain myself, never tried to see how long i can play for which is why i was hoping for it to come up..

the two player version (mania challenge) was such a let down, the reversal moves are cool but with only 3 opponents i'd rather play the older ones.

There are a few moves, pretty much hold up, down, left or right when in a grapple and press either button for a move.

I think this was the first wrestling game that actually allowed you to control the fighter enough to choose what move you are trying to do.

I only had one game last night but I got called for dinner so I never got to finish it.

lol there's not that many moves :)

yeah i can see it becoming boring hour, by the time i've done a couple of matches after the title fight i'm done and i'll just play for ring outs to entertain myself, never tried to see how long i can play for which is why i was hoping for it to come up..

the two player version (mania challenge) was such a let down, the reversal moves are cool but with only 3 opponents i'd rather play the older ones.

yeah, but when i have fired it up i seem to do really badly compared to (cough) 30-odd years ago and i'm too lazy to look up game wikis etc, i'm more likely to just play something else instead. thanks @JustAnotherRat I'll try those - HOLD is the key, yeahhhhhhhh ! geez, i'm hammering every button and reefing the joystick around :redface