Thread: VPGL5 - Game 1 - WORLD CUP SOCCER '94 [FINISHED]

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)

Nice Score Kane !

I fired up the Vpin for a few games of this just now. first two games I didn't even break 1 billion, 3rd game 3,042,976,210

[drunk rave deleted]

I don't really know what I'm doing apart from left ramp, capture, shooting goals, TV, final draw, extra ball. Somehow the goalie always seems to be in the way (on the laft of the goal) when I have a free kick on, so I'm not scoring near as many goals as I should. Is there a way to get the goalie moving ???

I'm playing loadedweapon's night mod version, it plays pretty nice, and is generous on the nudging.

WP_20160222_22_25_34_Pro.jpg
    Last edited by Jed; 23rd February 2016 at 11:26 AM.

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    711 Post(s)
    You don't know the rules and hit 3 billion on your third game. I know a bit about this game but can't score point for shit. My best ever is lower than what you have.

I don't know what makes the keeper move though.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    You don't know the rules and hit 3 billion on your third game. I know a bit about this game but can't score point for shit. My best ever is lower than what you have.

I don't know what makes the keeper move though.
    I just shoot at the flashing lights I have been hitting the left ramp a lot, I don't know if that is a good strategy... and a couple extra balls helped me too and just keep scoring goals which can be done from either flipper. i don't know how i got extra ball lit though.

Love the announcer on this, same dude from NBA Jam ? 'Hey, there's an extra ball on the field!'

Edit: ask Kane about strategy I think, he is murdering this table !
    Last edited by Jed; 23rd February 2016 at 09:22 AM.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1909 Post(s)

VPGL5 - Game 1 - WORLD CUP SOCCER '94

Once you score a goal the keeper stops and you need to relight the four stars (rollovers) In front of the goal to make him move and to be able to get another goal.
    Both ramps have a yellow light (tickets) , collect both lights a letter in Worldcup at the spinner.
    All shots, (ramps, spinner, striker hole) light the super shot lights in front of the flippers to light lock. First time any of those shots lights them all. After that you need to get each shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    ask Kane about strategy I think, he is murdering this table !
    No, don't ask me. I didn't know any of what Dedrok just mentioned

I was just shooting goals and hitting the left ramp to lock the ball, then get it in the Final Draw hole for multiball goal scoring.

Seem to get a lot of extra balls on this table too, I reckon Dedrok will be able to break 10bil easy, maybe 100bil???

Somehow the goalie always seems to be in the way (on the laft of the goal) when I have a free kick on
    When the ball stops up near the goal for a penalty kick, the goalie should start moving back and forth, can't miss really.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post

When the ball stops up near the goal for a penalty kick, the goalie should start moving back and forth, can't miss really.
    Yeah this is the thing, my goalie just sits there on the left, doesn't move at all making the free kick impossible. All it does is build up the super goalie bonus as he's making so many saves! Maybe its my rom, what version are you using Kane ?

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Maybe its my rom, what version are you using Kane ?
    This table -> http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=6767

This ROM -> http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...s&showfile=296

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    711 Post(s)
    Just to clarify something here... there are free kicks and penalty kicks but I don't think you are meaning either as I misunderstood what you were getting at to begin with.

Your problem is when you pass the ball up to the top where you press the flipper to take a shot but the goalie isn't moving, is that correct? If so I have no answer.

If you are meaning when you get a penatly kick and the commentator says, Penalty Kick, then the goal keeper does move to the left and stay there and you should be able to shoot past him from the bottom flippers. If you pass the ball up to the just in front of the keeper at that point, (I think) he should then move.

My understanding of a free kick is that when it lights up (near the final draw hole) then you shoot your ball at that for bonus points.

Someone may correct me with what I have said, but I think I am (at least close to being) correct.

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    711 Post(s)
    Attachment 89650
    I played this game on the Night Mod version Jed said he is using. I have only played the one game and am not willing to say that it is an easier table but some shots are easier to hit while others are very different. I'll have to play more games to work out which one is easier but the PC I am running seems to have slight jittering on the ball in the Night Mod table.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    Attachment 89650
    I played this game on the Night Mod version Jed said he is using. I have only played the one game and am not willing to say that it is an easier table but some shots are easier to hit while others are very different. I'll have to play more games to work out which one is easier but the PC I am running seems to have slight jittering on the ball in the Night Mod table.
    One game for 4 Billion, nice!

I'm glad this version is easier, I'll stick with it then

I find the left ramp pretty easy to hit continuously, that leads to easy captures and multiball etc

Are you finding the same thing with the goalie though, he sticks to the left hand side of the goal ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information