Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kong Off IV - AA 2016 Edition Official Thread

After playing this for a week I feel like I'm getting a bit of consistency in my games.

Had a few games at 200k+ this week and I think I'm learning a bit about the game.

Lots of reading, a bit of Twitch viewing, some tips from @Barra and a few hours play this week have all helped.

I think the biggest difference was changing my thinking from where I was dying to why I was dying. I was playing the same over and over and expecting a different result. A new way of thinking is definitely helping.

I hope to be able to put a bit more time into this and hit a new PB soon.

IMG_3362.thumb.jpg.5286a509a88446867004675448d559c4.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest difference was changing my thinking from where I was dying to why I was dying. I was playing the same over and over and expecting a different result. A new way of thinking is definitely helping.

Congrats!!

Yes a big part of DK is understanding WHY you died. Watch your games back and ask yourself, "What could I have done differently there?". If your answer is "nothing, there was no way out", ask questions because 99% of the time there was something you shouldn't have done that put you in that situation. It may be a very simple thing like how the conveyor works or more complex such as freezer behavior

You'll learn a lot quicker if you figure out what you could/should have done differently, instead of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!

Best of luck!

:)

Nice work BRB.

You're approaching my PB very quickly, I better start playing again.

Maybe we should run another AA Kong Off prior to the Netherworld Kong Off in November? I need every encouragement to play, I just can't force myself to play otherwise.