Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kong Off IV - AA 2016 Edition Official Thread

do i need to add that to my sig or is it done automatically?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

1. Right click on your trophy above and save to your PC.

2. Go to your AA mailbox and on your left select My Settings - Edit Signature.

3. From here upload the signature from your PC.

4. Congratulations on your 3rd placing - an excellent score too ...

:)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Results..... Sorry for the delays getting this up:

Leaderboard

[table=width: 600, class: grid, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Place[/td]

[td]Player[/td]

[td]Score[/td]

[td]Behind Next Best[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]1[/td]

[td]muscleandfitness[/td]

[td]700,600[/td]

[td]-[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2[/td]

[td]kane[/td]

[td]467,200[/td]

[td]233,400[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]3[/td]

[td]Mameshane[/td]

[td]354,900[/td]

[td]112,300[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]4[/td]

[td]John73[/td]

[td]283,000[/td]

[td]71,900[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]5[/td]

[td]magrinder[/td]

[td]260,300[/td]

[td]22,700[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]6[/td]

[td]bigredbird[/td]

[td]194,900[/td]

[td]65,400[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]7[/td]

[td]Pelly[/td]

[td]190,800[/td]

[td]4,100[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]8[/td]

[td]Barra[/td]

[td]184,600[/td]

[td]6,200[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]9[/td]

[td]CrazyKongFan[/td]

[td]130,000[/td]

[td]54,600[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]10[/td]

[td]RMacauley[/td]

[td]122,800[/td]

[td]7,200[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]11[/td]

[td]Jed[/td]

[td]93,900[/td]

[td]28,900[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]12[/td]

[td]JustAnotherRat[/td]

[td]91,000[/td]

[td]2,900[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]13[/td]

[td]bondy[/td]

[td]69,600[/td]

[td]21,400[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Most improved/closest to beating their PB

[table=width: 600, class: grid, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Place[/td]

[td]Player[/td]

[td]Prev High[/td]

[td]Best AAKO16[/td]

[td]Improvement[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]1[/td]

[td]bigredbird[/td]

[td]149,100[/td]

[td]194,900[/td]

[td]45,800 / 130.72%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2[/td]

[td]John73[/td]

[td]266,000[/td]

[td]283,000[/td]

[td]17,000 / 106.39%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]3[/td]

[td]JustAnotherRat[/td]

[td]100,000[/td]

[td]91,000[/td]

[td]-9,000 / 91.00%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]4[/td]

[td]muscleandfitness[/td]

[td]856,500[/td]

[td]700,600[/td]

[td]-155,900 / 81.79%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]5[/td]

[td]Jed[/td]

[td]117,500[/td]

[td]93,900[/td]

[td]-23,600 / 79.91%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]6[/td]

[td]Mameshane[/td]

[td]457,500[/td]

[td]354,900[/td]

[td]-120,600 / 77.57%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]7[/td]

[td]magrinder[/td]

[td]360,000[/td]

[td]260,300[/td]

[td]-99,700 / 72.31%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]8[/td]

[td]kane[/td]

[td]660,000[/td]

[td]467,200[/td]

[td]-192,800 / 70.79%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]9[/td]

[td]bondy[/td]

[td]100,000[/td]

[td]69,600[/td]

[td]-30,400 / 69.60%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]10[/td]

[td]RMacualey[/td]

[td]205,600[/td]

[td]122,800[/td]

[td]-82,800 / 59.73%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]11[/td]

[td]Pelly[/td]

[td]323,600[/td]

[td]190,800[/td]

[td]-132,800 / 58.96%[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]12[/td]

[td]Barra[/td]

[td]1,014,600[/td]

[td]184,600[/td]

[td]-830,000 / 18.19%[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

As usual, please check my work as I've probably stuffed up something somewhere along the line :)

Thanks John73

I looked last night and couldn't see an option to upgrade another person's account. I thought I saw a way, as that is partly why I offered that kind of prize. :unsure

No worries, I'll let you know when I get the details - they are probably already in the mod thread which I haven't got around to checking tonight.

Also forgot to congratulate you on coming dead last in the most improved - 18.19% :lol I think I'll contact DKF and ask them to review your KS score of 1M+ - I think you might have had someone playing the game while you recorded it and pretended to play :D j/k

• 2 weeks later...

Asked @MamePatrol at Noodleshirt to send me a pic of the winner's shirt in manufacture, nice job Carson :023:, so here it is ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/OOO_KongOff4_WinnerShirt50p_zpsrqekdqil.jpg

It's being sent to me first so I can hand it to the AA King of Kong himself @muscleandfitness ... maybe I can get a pic of the king wearing the shirt and post it on here ... we'll see ... :cool:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, can i use Game & watch DK-52 ?

For this thread we are playing either the arcade or MAME version of Donkey Kong. However if you want to play the game on a Game & Watch that's great. You can post here too.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing a bit of DK the last couple of days after a long break from this game.

I was pretty excited today to achieve my 2nd best score ever (not sure how I pulled out that 287k!)

I had lost 3 men by Level 4 through practicing with the bottom hammer on the barrel screen. I don't usually grab the bottom hammer but it seems like an easy way to grab a few more points, or in my case, get slammed by wild barrels. I continued on with my last man to 211,700.

My spring stage is still a weakness. I know exactly what I should be doing but it is tricky to put into practice. I got through these levels today on pure luck as I just ran on the long spring regardless of what was coming next. It will take me a lot more work to perfect this stage to ensure I can get further into the game. I had no deaths on the springs today but luck won't get me through to a kill screen!

1562049928_dk211700.thumb.jpg.ca3e6eb6bb054bbb10123d87908cf17f.jpg

I've been playing a bit of DK the last couple of days after a long break from this game.

I was pretty excited today to achieve my 2nd best score ever (not sure how I pulled out that 287k!)

I had lost 3 men by Level 4 through practicing with the bottom hammer on the barrel screen. I don't usually grab the bottom hammer but it seems like an easy way to grab a few more points, or in my case, get slammed by wild barrels. I continued on with my last man to 211,700.

My spring stage is still a weakness. I know exactly what I should be doing but it is tricky to put into practice. I got through these levels today on pure luck as I just ran on the long spring regardless of what was coming next. It will take me a lot more work to perfect this stage to ensure I can get further into the game. I had no deaths on the springs today but luck won't get me through to a kill screen!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123636[/ATTACH]

Could be worth getting the dk remix kit with practice mode to practice on that level 4 Springs over n over :)

Could be worth getting the dk remix kit with practice mode to practice on that level 4 Springs over n over :)

Looks like he is playing on MAME, but even so, you can use Save States to practice if you wish.

I have done this, and tbh it didn't really help. Yeah I think I was getting better, but it's still in my head that I'm not getting better, I'm just being lucky.

Overall I'm a lot better on Springs now than I used to be, but the stage still does my head in :lol

The biggest thing I think is sticking at it, keep playing. That is probably my biggest downfall, I go through stages where I'll play heaps, then I won't touch it for months. Really do need to get back to it, this years Kong Off in November looks like it will be massive and qualifying is going to be an even tougher assignment.

@bigredbird - hope you continue to improve, and would be great if you can make it to Brisbane in November for the Kong Off - you won't be disappointed if you do.

I would love to get up to the Kong off this year, might need more than 9months of practice though.

Mate just come up for the beers and banter! Such a great time, and I'm predicting this year's will be even bigger/better than the last :)

They have plenty of cabs/pins to play on as well if DK isn't your thing

Mate just come up for the beers and banter! Such a great time, and I'm predicting this year's will be even bigger/better than the last :)

I got the Mrs approval just need my mate to get the ok and I'm up there playing games all weekend

For those interstater's looking to come up or any other Kiwi's/OS ppl looking to attend, PM if you need a place to stay.

We are looking at AirBnB already, at this stage probably 2 separate places, but if more are interested, we might need 3 different places as close as possible to Netherworld.

I've done two events now - Arcade Armageddon and the first Kong Off - the nights back at the AirBnB drinking and talking arcade are nearly as much fun as the event itself.

Yes as John says there'll be a number of us needing accommodation near Netherworld so AirBNB will be the way to go.

If you didn't make it last year, you need to come to this event!!!

Yes I need to be there indeed. Few nights away with gaming and drinks a plenty, I don't do enough of either

I should also mention, the AirBnB is open to Brisbane, Gold Coast and other's near Brisbane to stay at. Previously I've been the only local to stay at the AirBnB with guys from far away - we already have 2 other Brisbane people who want to experience AirBnB for the 2nd Kong Off - trust me, it's a lot of fun. The earlier we can book, the more chance of getting some places near each other so we can gather at one or two places before going to our respective places to sleep.

There are a couple of people who aren't pissheads - so if we get organised early, we can group people accordingly.

The last two events have cost those who have stayed around $50/night.

If you don't have me as a friend on Facebook - send me a friend request (John McNeill is my full name if you don't know - look for the picture of the nerd playing a Circus Charlie cab at Netherworld as my profile pic), and I'll invite you to the accommodation page we have set up - it's been inactive for a while so we really do need to get back discussing and looking at booking something. Decent places close to Netherworld are booked well in advance. I'm happy to pay with credit card, but with lot's attending, I will need people to pay up front this time - unfortunately can't carry a couple of grand on my credit card for 6 months.

This, I'm terrible at DK but had a blast staying with the lads and playing other games. The beers at Netherworld are awesome. Great time to be had by all

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I have played DK for years and only noticed today that the default score table has three scores that end in 50. These are 7650, 5950 and 5050.

All of the scoring in DK is in multiples of 100 so none of these scores are possible.

Does anyone know why this is?

They copied the High Score table from their previous game, Radar Scope ->

10391-menu-Radar-Scope.png