Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kong Off IV - AA 2016 Edition Official Thread

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    I dusted off my DK cab, oiled up the joystick nice and slick and had a practice game and got 31k Probably going to be mostly shits and not many giggles for me until I de-rust...

You can add my PB of 660k to the list, I'll likely be in neagtive improvement territory though...

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I dusted off my DK cab, oiled up the joystick nice and slick and had a practice game and got 31k Probably going to be mostly shits and not many giggles for me until I de-rust...
    Yeah, better than the 8,500 I managed in my only game. Somehow I think giving 100k to improve from for noobs and such is a little hopeful !

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    Start 6:30pm Thu 18 February(AEST)
    Well, it's 6:30 so I'm playing! First attempt 192,600.

Attachment 89382

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2314 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Yeah, better than the 8,500 I managed in my only game. Somehow I think giving 100k to improve from for noobs and such is a little hopeful !
    My first ever Kong Off, I scored over 100k and I was a complete and utter noob at DK - never ever made the pie screen BITD let alone getting through the 3rd elevators. The point of the 100,000 starting position is that it encourages new players to reach a goal and still gives the medium players a bit of a chance at winning the prize. If it was set at say 50,000 then I'm sure someone new could crack 100,000 for a 100% improvement. Meaning me for example would need to crack 500,000+ to win and players like Kane & Barra would be zero chance at the price due to their existing high scores - not that it would worry either them I don't think, Barra is a snowballs chance in hell at winning the most improved unless he gives Robbie Lakeman's HS a bit of nudge

My suggestion if you can, is watch either Barra or Mameshane play live, you will learn lots by just looking. And also re-read all of the tips from previous KO's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Well, it's 6:30 so I'm playing! First attempt 192,600.

Attachment 89382
    He shoots, he scores! and takes the early lead

Might try a quick game tonight, but nothing serious. Left for work at just after 5:30am and got home at 7:00pm - I'm well and truly buggered

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    @John73 - you haven't been to DKF in a while, have you?
    Wes Copeland now holds the arcade record @ 1,190,000. Dean still on top of the combined list with 1,206,800

Even if I equaled Dean's HS, that is only an ~18% increase

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    @John73 - you haven't been to DKF in a while, have you?Wes Copeland now holds the arcade record @ 1,190,000. Dean still on top of the combined list with 1,206,800

well u know what u need to do then barra. u need to obviously beat deans score

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

Kong Off IV - AA 2016 Edition Official Thread

Just got 46k after work, and finally saw the pies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    I'm late to this thread, but in on the DK. It's a game I always intend on improving on but never stay all that long with. I tend to get frustrated at the lack of personal improvement on the title. Most improved is a great contest idea.

I'll toss in $10 US via paypal to the prize pool too (however John wants to allocate: via prize money, combine it with his $10, some other prize combination or direct donation to AA. John: PM your paypal address here or at TG and I'll forward).

As for PB, I really am not sure what mine is. I suspect it's 303K on a cabinet, but whatever the IGB contest entry was may be higher (360ish maybe??), whenever that contest was. I'll have to look around before settling on 303K. I have not submitted on DK to TG or MARP.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2314 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    @John73 - you haven't been to DKF in a while, have you?
    Wes Copeland now holds the arcade record @ 1,190,000. Dean still on top of the combined list with 1,206,800

I knew it was Robbie or Wes - too old, too tired and too lazy to look it up

EDIT: I should apologise to Wes I guess, pretty bad of me to not acknowledge the true champion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mameshane View Post
    well u know what u need to do then barra. u need to obviously beat deans score

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    The best thing to do is tell Barra that he can't do it - then you know he will

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magrinder View Post
    I'm late to this thread, but in on the DK. It's a game I always intend on improving on but never stay all that long with. I tend to get frustrated at the lack of personal improvement on the title. Most improved is a great contest idea.

I'll toss in $10 US via paypal to the prize pool too (however John wants to allocate: via prize money, combine it with his $10, some other prize combination or direct donation to AA. John: PM your paypal address here or at TG and I'll forward).

As for PB, I really am not sure what mine is. I suspect it's 303K on a cabinet, but whatever the IGB contest entry was may be higher (360ish maybe??), whenever that contest was. I'll have to look around before settling on 303K. I have not submitted on DK to TG or MARP.
    Thanks mate. Let me know when you work out your PB.

$10US is like gold to us with our crappy dollar - so I'll add you to the list in the most improved section - or do you want it to go to the overall winner? Doesn't worry me either way. Wait until the comp is over and I'll PM you with the details of how to Paypal to AA directly.

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post

Thanks mate. Let me know when you work out your PB.

$10US is like gold to us with our crappy dollar - so I'll add you to the list in the most improved section - or do you want it to go to the overall winner? Doesn't worry me either way. Wait until the comp is over and I'll PM you with the details of how to Paypal to AA directly.
    Any manner that supports AA works. I'd honestly prefer to leave it to you to distribute in any manner preferred.

I forgot to inquire: are we point pressing (jumping at Kong's feet, re-jumping barrels) or running boards? Either way is fine with me, I just want to be sure that I'm compliant in approach with others.

Dusting off my mame controller and twitch account now (twitch account is magrinder if anyone wants to learn questionable techniques and likely decrease their scores!)...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information