Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

racing cab build info wanted :)

icewolf007

Question

Hi Guys

I am About to start on a project to turn my 4x sidebyside racing cabs

into mame cabs as 2 of the cabs are now dead and the last 2 work but

have no sound so ill get 1 done then the 2nd and so..

I am after some info as to which way to go? from reading up on a/a i dl

and installed sega model 2 emulator and got it going linked with 2

computers, now the grapics are about the same as the sidebyside so i am

happy with that and i got 4 of the games working so 4 better then 1 i

even got it running though hyperspin.

What i would like to know is there any newer games that are as easy to

start (drunk proof mates) as that lot eg. other mame games or pc or xbox

or ps but they have to be able to link?

And i allso want to use the original pedals and wheel and have read a

little about the pots thing but need to read up more about that but at

this point will just get the softwear set up 1st

and was thinking 4x this combo should be fine to run the sega model 2 if

i go that way ? without needing a better video card then the build in one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141454431890?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

any info or links so i can read up on more info would be great thanks

and if any1 on the sunshine coast has a twin cab setup going ill love to

come have a look at pick your brains about it

i am in no rush to get this project done but before xmas would be good :) lol

20160213_132646.jpg20160213_132657.jpg20160213_133109.jpg20160213_141911.jpg20160213_141920.jpg

ps. i have upload the pics 4 times trying to get them the right wayround i even turned them upside down on my computer and uploaded again and there wrong? lol

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well what a ride... friday afternoon i got stuck into the cab again after buying new pots from jaycar just the cheap $3 ones ill see how they far and replace with better if needed but for now they seem to be doing the job:) anyway after hours of setting this testing that and resettting it had it all working :) , got up this morning and took the hard drive out to make a clone of it for the another 3 cabs i have a old computer out in my shed that i use to make clones of drives eg for my v/pin and jukebox , and after plugging it in the bloody thing shit it self!! god was i mad lol lucky i had made a clone of that drive a few week back but still i had to set up a lot of stuff again took a few hours again to get it sorted... but got there again in the end , so now i have 1 cab done apart from hooking the seat up have uploaded a video showing the cab boot up and pick a game and then shuting it back down i wanted it all to be done on the outside not opening doors to use a k/b and stuff so i hide a start up and shut down button under the front.. now to do the other 3 :( lol

ps. after working out the pots in the cab were stuffed and having another go with the a-pac board i found it easy to use and would tell anyone thinking of doing the same thing to get one

update time well its been slow going after i got the 1st cab all done works a great as i have had the flu then a bug :(

I started on the 2nd cab got it all setup apart the arcade montior and the s/wheel as i can't seem to get the Calibration right but i think it may be because the wheel setup is missing the belt between the motor and wheel i know i am not using the motor but i am guessing the belt gives it a firmer feel or something so will have to track one down as i have tried 3 diff pots and get the same results

and as for the arcade montior i got one of these off ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GBS-8100-VGA-to-CGA-CVBS-S-VIDEO-HD-Converter-Arcade-Game-Video-Converter-Board-/171786686520?hash=item27ff48d038:g:EGQAAOSwNSxVUbEw

a vga to cga but so far i can't get any pic and i know the montior works as i have pluged it into the machine next to it still running the sidebyside pcb any i'd in what i could be doing wrong would be of great help :) for now i am going to keep a eye out for 2nd 27" tv if i can't get it working

my arcade montior is a toshiba a68k5u96x

thanks all for reading and all the input ..i hope the date of " done before xmas" can still be true :) lol

update time well its been slow going after i got the 1st cab all done works a great as i have had the flu then a bug :(

I started on the 2nd cab got it all setup apart the arcade montior and the s/wheel as i can't seem to get the Calibration right but i think it may be because the wheel setup is missing the belt between the motor and wheel i know i am not using the motor but i am guessing the belt gives it a firmer feel or something so will have to track one down as i have tried 3 diff pots and get the same results

and as for the arcade montior i got one of these off ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GBS-8100-VGA-to-CGA-CVBS-S-VIDEO-HD-Converter-Arcade-Game-Video-Converter-Board-/171786686520?hash=item27ff48d038:g:EGQAAOSwNSxVUbEw

a vga to cga but so far i can't get any pic and i know the montior works as i have pluged it into the machine next to it still running the sidebyside pcb any i'd in what i could be doing wrong would be of great help :) for now i am going to keep a eye out for 2nd 27" tv if i can't get it working

my arcade montior is a toshiba a68k5u96x

thanks all for reading and all the input ..i hope the date of " done before xmas" can still be true :) lol

Your monitor is a NANAO MS29 i believe, toshiba is the brand of tube used by NANAO in their 29" chassis.

The belt wont make any difference at all.

- - - Updated - - -

And further, that monitor is a dual sync, it has both 24kHz and 15.7kHz modes, so you want to set the output of your source device to 24kHz, which is what the original Sega model 2 arcade used as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt that device will do what you want. Its going to look like shit either way, and probably be laggy.

Just chiming in here, some of these boards do not live upto expectation and most often only will output at low res which as above is 15kHz. I know I had an issue converting my CrusinUSA because of similar issues. Tried another board and boom, had a picture. May not be the same here but worth checking the specs of the board etc.

Just chiming in here, some of these boards do not live upto expectation and most often only will output at low res which as above is 15kHz. I know I had an issue converting my CrusinUSA because of similar issues. Tried another board and boom, had a picture. May not be the same here but worth checking the specs of the board etc.

Id almost bet itll be because Side by Side is 24kHz, and that device is not, youll either get a split image, rolling image, flashing image, or nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

That monitor can be set to 15.7kHz, but its going to look like shit for 24kHz games emulated and butched by a cheap rubish transcoder.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd make me cry to see one of the finest 29" monitors on earth subject to the terror of that board... Ill wake up in cold sweats tonight now!!

Get yourself one of those horrid old Zenith tubed monitors, the image will be that bad you wont be able to tell anyway.

Ill take that NANAO off your hands Troy ;)

thanks for the input guys

well as far as i know the board only outputs at 15k so i am guessing thats why i can't get anything on the monitor i won't give up just yet and see if theres a better one that out puts at 24khz,the trouble is even that cheap one i got is half the price of me just buying a 2nd 27" lcd tv which would be a lot easyer to work with apart from the fitting and remover of the old monitor and i have 3 of the same montiors so would rather get them all going

ps.how do i set the montior to 15khz?

or i find some more old tvs like in cab number1 as the pic looks good i won't say great vs a lcd montior but still sweet enough for what i want .. and 5 of my mates have sat and played on it (and want me to get them all done quick smart i may add lol )and think its looks fine to them so id like to at least get a pic up and running and see how bad it is then go either tv/ or lcd

again thanks for the help :)

thanks for the input guys

well as far as i know the board only outputs at 15k so i am guessing thats why i can't get anything on the monitor i won't give up just yet and see if theres a better one that out puts at 24khz,the trouble is even that cheap one i got is half the price of me just buying a 2nd 27" lcd tv which would be a lot easyer to work with apart from the fitting and remover of the old monitor and i have 3 of the same montiors so would rather get them all going

ps.how do i set the montior to 15khz?

or i find some more old tvs like in cab number1 as the pic looks good i won't say great vs a lcd montior but still sweet enough for what i want .. and 5 of my mates have sat and played on it (and want me to get them all done quick smart i may add lol )and think its looks fine to them so id like to at least get a pic up and running and see how bad it is then go either tv/ or lcd

again thanks for the help :)

Will you be home tomorrow? Ill come and do it for you if you like.

Got stuck into the 2nd cab today and for the life of me i could not get the montior going so.. decased a 68cm tv i had in my shed and swapped it over and got that going instead then i still could not get the s/wheel set right and after trying 3 diff pots i tried a diff a-pac board and it worked a treat so i have one stuffed board that i will now have to try and get a refund or replacement :( but at least now i all most have the 2nd cab done.. in fact it would be done(at least stand alone mode) if i had not forgotten to do the grub screw up that hold the pot in place..Doh! and has i have taken that whole front off 3 time today i do it next weekend and it should be done..

2 running.jpg

just a little update for the thread i now have 3 cabs all done in stand alone mode only 1 to go so my aim to get all 4 done before xmas will not be to far off lol[ATTACH=CONFIG]99515[/ATTACH]

Looking good mate, but i would swap that version of Daytona for the original one rather than that to the maxx version. That one is a hack of the original.