Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

43" / 27" / 19" Project Build

Just use your molex 12/5v connectors.

and use one of these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IDE-Molex-4-Pin-Female-Male-to-3-Pin-Male-PC-Fan-Connector-Cable-NEW-N011-/291074234074?hash=item43c56056da:g:9O4AAOxykUZTiUuA

Happy to send you some ...where in qld are you?

Hi Acejas. I am Bracken Ridge north of Brisbane.

I have 3 fans which each have a connector that has male and female. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160423/bb35d1f9a5cacde8a691d0eb31ab9c6b.jpg

Really appreciate the advice and assistance.

Cheers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So thats like a pass through - connect the male to the female psu so you still have a connector for another device (not needed in your case)

I would cut all the fans and splice into 1 connector (leave enough length on the molex) They dont draw alot of power so 1 molex to 3 fans will be fine. This also leaves you to place fans as you want with extra wire.

If youre going a "neat & tidy" cab use heat shrink :). If your'e like me you'll plan to do it later but ends up with tape lol

HTH

• Administrators
Or just crimp the wires onto the spliced molex wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or twist them then electrical tape in true backyarder style like me ;)

Brad

Thanks Brad. Would this mean taking the plug from the motherboard and cutting the 2 wires and joining in another one to each for positive and neutral?

Sorry if this sounds a bit of a dopey question but.....

Cheers

Macca

I use these Molex to SATA cables as we have a heap of them spare at work so they are free:

http://c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/category/14/how1/image03.jpg

I then cut off the SATA end to get access to the 12V or 5V. I don't bother soldering, I just use these "Butt Connector" crimp joiners. You push the cables in from each end and crimp down, easy as that! You can buy them in larger bags too.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Wire%2C-Cable-%26-Accessories/Cable-Accessories/Quick-Connect-Terminals/Butt-Connector---Red---Pk-8/p/PT4527

A friend of mine put me on to them and now I use them on all my projects.

Err, your TV is the wrong way around.

Well spotted.

@Macca5007 Just stand beside the pinny when you want to do normal windows stuff, that's what most people do. a Pivot sounds like a fair bit of un-necessary work ?

Re the plunger, I put the PF TV in first (in the ideal location for me) and then mounted my plunger as high as I could with the launch ball button under it.

Thanks Benzor and all the other comments. I think that probably is the best approach and the one I'll take. Cheers Macca

Tv/Lockdown bar positioning.

Quick question. There is about 210mm extra length in the cabinet once the pf TV is in. Is the beat way to go to have the tv edge closest to the edge of the Lockdown bar for appearance, closest to the back, or split the difference and have a blacked out spacer at each end about the same size?

Appreciate all thoughts and opinions.

Cheers

Macca

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160513/67b8fcd2bf4db755e9b863941aaaa7f7.jpg

This is what i have at the moment. As bit of foam board at the rear and the pf TV right up to the edge of the lockdown bar.

Cheers

This is what i have at the moment. As bit of foam board at the rear and the pf TV right up to the edge of the lockdown bar.

Cheers

Yup, that's the correct rotation. Make sure you can see the very front edge of the screen whilst standing in your normal position for playing - if not then move it toward the back until you can, then you may want to put some sort of masking under the glass if there is a viewable gap between the TV and the lockdown bar.

My personal preference is to push the TV as far back as possible and have a mask at the front only. Keep in mind my cabinets are built from scratch so they aren't as long as a real cabinet, meaning the gap is much smaller to begin with.

I went with having the TV right up to the lock down bar, but I built my cabinet from scratch so I didn't have a gap. Regardless, if I were you I would put the TV up to the lockdown bar. I think it helps with realism having the plunger look like it is in the correct spot. It is a little harder to coordinate with placement of buttons and plunger to not hit the TV but worth it I think.

• 3 months later...

First update in ages - apologies....been distracted with some work hassles and whilst I got the table to a somewhat working state I haven't had a decent chance to research things to iron out the glitches.

So I have pretty much wired up the buttons etc but I busted pins off one but it was only a magnasave button - and I have yet to load a table that uses them.

A huge thanks to Brad for the table download he put together. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] Actually breath taking - my setup has been meant as a 3 monitor deal and I know the download was for 2 so hence the tweaking need. Has me a bit stumped but I need to research a bit to work out how to get the settings right.

I've had a childhood mate over so now we look through the tables checking to see if our childhood favourites are there. One I couldn't see was Dracula 1979 and I have added it but alas sound not working properly.

Anyway I still have to source the PF glass as well but I wanted to report the table is usable with the keyboard at the ready as havent quite even mapped exit properly - duh!

So much admiration for those nutting out how to fine tune these table setups. Many Thanks!!!