Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mame dos soundblaster problem.

Hi.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem I'm having.

I'm trying to set up mame dos with game launcher but can't seem to get it to work with my soundblaster live card.

I used a pci sniffer boot disc to get all the info about cards irq,add,port etc.

I think I'm supposed to edit the autoexec.bat

It's currently set as

set blaster=a220 t5 d1 h5 p330

but i'm i little confused as to what to change it to.

Here is my sniffer report20151112_164546.thumb.jpg.036f49d1b325ec48754c35845e1e2245.jpg

any help would be much appreciated .

thanks.

Hi.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem I'm having.

I'm trying to set up mame dos with game launcher but can't seem to get it to work with my soundblaster live card.

I used a pci sniffer boot disc to get all the info about cards irq,add,port etc.

I think I'm supposed to edit the autoexec.bat

It's currently set as

set blaster=a220 t5 d1 h5 p330

but i'm i little confused as to what to change it to.

Here is my sniffer report[ATTACH=CONFIG]85172[/ATTACH]

any help would be much appreciated .

thanks.

Wow gotta try and remember this stuff....

Have you enabled legacy ISA emulation in PCI devices???????

Mine has: SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 T2

Off the top of my head as personally I haven't mucked about using newer pci cards with dos environment.

This http://www.oldskool.org/guides/oldonnew/sound or http://www.rinkworks.com/apogee/s/6.4.2.shtml may help to at least understand what those values are doing, generally speaking you set those values in your autoexec.bat and then just configure the program you are running to match those variables if they don't automatically detect them. However as it's a modern card (compared to a soundblaster 16) it may not be compatible with this method and you may also need to load a driver so that it works..

Try SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 T6

probably don't need P variable as that's for midi

Its a pretty new motherboard with a pci express slot and 3 pci slots sata cables not ide .

I have managed to track down the dos drivers for that exact sound blaster live card sbo 100 i think it was.

But i just can't seem to get the bloody thing to play ball. when i go through the sniffer report i noticed that the Irq for the sound card was also the same for other things and i don't know if that causes conflicts .I tried swapping the card to another slot but just can't get the card to initialize .I have done this setup with older motherboards and had great results.

Its a bugger because the menu system and gameplay works great if i disable the sound.

and i really wanted to avoid using a windows front end because of all the hassle of hiding windows and slow boot time.

But I might not have a choice with this one.

Thanks for your input everyone.

I will have a bit more of a tinker and see how it goes .

Its a pretty new motherboard with a pci express slot and 3 pci slots sata cables not ide .

I have managed to track down the dos drivers for that exact sound blaster live card sbo 100 i think it was.

But i just can't seem to get the bloody thing to play ball. when i go through the sniffer report i noticed that the Irq for the sound card was also the same for other things and i don't know if that causes conflicts .I tried swapping the card to another slot but just can't get the card to initialize .I have done this setup with older motherboards and had great results.

Its a bugger because the menu system and gameplay works great if i disable the sound.

and i really wanted to avoid using a windows front end because of all the hassle of hiding windows and slow boot time.

But I might not have a choice with this one.

Thanks for your input everyone.

I will have a bit more of a tinker and see how it goes .

Windows 95 is practically DOS and if you use Win95C it's the most reliable out of all the WIN95/98 systems.

You can set it to boot straight to DOS without the Windows GUI, one advantage over DOS is all the Windows drivers work.