Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mame technician

You might want to be more specific. Someone that knows mame isn't necessarily an arcade technician. If you're just after someone to help with a mame issue you'd be better posting the question in the mame forum.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sorry guys very new to this all pardon my ignorance it's not intentional. So I bought and existing pedestal type setup with I think ipac2 setup with some really old games but all the buttons worked. Had a mate with a working system copied everything and sent to me. Running spinnerball it all loads up can navigate through the menus with joysticks and buttons I can enter the game initially then can't start any games and a lot of games are coming up with errors and won't load at all.

MAME errors are generally caused by incorrectly named or missing files. Although, if you had a mate copy everything onto your PC hdd, any number of config issues could have gone wrong. Seriously, a whole crapload of things could be happening, or not happening, to cause your issues.

If you can take some photos of the errors and post them, that would help.

I accept payment for MAME builds in beer :) Depending on where you are located in Brisbane, I may be able to help. However, I will need to know more about your setup and machine, so posting photos is the first step. The most important thing is whether or not your cabinet is running on an arcade monitor, and LCD, or a TV, because each of these require different setups and config.

This is a Hyperspin setup issue. If your friend copied his Hyperspin setup for you to use, it is no surprise that this is happening. You cannot easily do this unless you REALLY know what you are doing. Even setting up Hyperspin from scratch is a massive pain in the ass, it's why I don't use it. I can't be assed to do the stupid amount of screwing around involved just to get some fancy bling on my game launching screens.

This is not a problem I can 'fix' per se, as my fix would be to format the PC, install the latest MAME, with the latest ROMS, ditch Hyperspin and run Mala.

Sweet thanks for your reply. Haha I have no chance of sorting it out then. Happy to just go with whatever you suggest. I'm not worried about bling just want a working machine at the end of the day. Have beer willing to pay haha