Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

nrl 2016

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 or 3 penalties in a row in an attempt to stop a side scoring should be a sin bin. Players infringe on the first tackle after an initial penalty knowing full well that the ref will only give another penalty and they will have time to get the defensive line set at a cost of only one more tackle. Bulldogs do it regularly.

Minor rant ends,

Dave

Trouble is, 10 mins is too severe a penalty - bring back the 5 min sin bins and send players for doing exactly this. I think the Raiders V Sharks game had about 10 penalities in the first 15 minutes - players should be given time off the field if they are that ill-disciplined.

I sort of had one eye on the game last night, but totally agree with the penalty try. But what was the go with the Bronco's player giving the Titan player a kick in the arse when he was about to play the ball? How is that not a penalty and how is he not on report? NFI which player it was, only saw it quickly and didn't have the sound turned up.

Only really watched the last 20 mins - no way in the world the Cowboys deserved to get into extra time let alone win the game. Calling a trip on a player who got wrong footed - gifting Thurston 2 points to level the game - give me a friggin' break.

I'm a proud Qld'er - but I'll cheer for any side, even Cronulla again the Cowboys in the finals.

Must say though, I do like the extra time better - it should be played year round, golden point is an absolute joke. The sooner they rid the game of it the better.

I love seeing the Broncos lose even if it is another QLD side ;)

Brad

You remind me of my best mates missus - she only supports one team, whoever is playing the Bronco's.

I used to support the Cowboys when the Bronco's weren't playing - but over the last 12-18 months I reckon Thurston has become one of the biggest sooks in the game when they lose, and one of the worst winners when they win a game. I know he does a lot of great stuff after the game and off the field, but I'm sure he thinks he is way bigger than he really is.

One thing is for sure though, if the Cowboys do win next weekend, then Thurston will walk away from the GF with Clive Churchill medal - just like he did last year - he only needs to show up, not be the best on field. Last year he should have been embarrassed to accept it but he wasn't - not even humble about getting an award he didn't deserve. He was probably only 3rd or 4th in line as best on the park (2nd if you really want to push the issue) - but those in whatever power obviously decided before the game was over that he would get the award for best on field.

Same goes for Friday night - from the little I saw, he was having a shocker of a game but all talk is about how great he is over one flick pass that ultimately won the game.

Cronulla suck, but I'd prefer them to now win the GF instead of the Cowboys if it comes down to one of them being the winner. In a perfect world, I'd prefer either Canberra to win it (although I can't stand Stuart) or Melbourne.

• Administrators
You remind me of my best mates missus - she only supports one team, whoever is playing the Bronco's.

I used to support the Cowboys when the Bronco's weren't playing - but over the last 12-18 months I reckon Thurston has become one of the biggest sooks in the game when they lose, and one of the worst winners when they win a game. I know he does a lot of great stuff after the game and off the field, but I'm sure he thinks he is way bigger than he really is.

One thing is for sure though, if the Cowboys do win next weekend, then Thurston will walk away from the GF with Clive Churchill medal - just like he did last year - he only needs to show up, not be the best on field. Last year he should have been embarrassed to accept it but he wasn't - not even humble about getting an award he didn't deserve. He was probably only 3rd or 4th in line as best on the park (2nd if you really want to push the issue) - but those in whatever power obviously decided before the game was over that he would get the award for best on field.

Same goes for Friday night - from the little I saw, he was having a shocker of a game but all talk is about how great he is over one flick pass that ultimately won the game.

Cronulla suck, but I'd prefer them to now win the GF instead of the Cowboys if it comes down to one of them being the winner. In a perfect world, I'd prefer either Canberra to win it (although I can't stand Stuart) or Melbourne.

Well I'm a Parra supporter so what would I know ;)

I get you on the Thurston thing. Now you know how the rest of the country feels about "The King", besides I can't get past Thurston's indiscretions earlier in his career. Some very shady stuff. Seems you never hear of it anymore. Apparently if you're famous and win games all is forgiven,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Cronulla I guess <_<

It's a shame that absolute ugly grub Fifita scored the winning try - the guy is a complete prick and Cronulla and the game would be better off without players of his ilk in the game, they just bring the whole code down.

- - - Updated - - -

illawarra cutters win today put them in next weeks grand final for the 1st time in second grade..

They gave the Qld team an absolute flogging.... First time in 4 years I believe that a NSW team has won. Didn't watch all of the game, but doesn't take a genius to know they were far and away the better team.