Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

FS - Anti ghosting boards - SAM/Whitestar

If anyone still cares about LEDs ghosting I have made these boards to plug into your lamp matrix to get rid of it. They are similar to the boards that are installed by Stern in their newer LED Pro models.

$38 incl GST for the pair shipped in Australia. I think they are more than $80 as a pair as a spare part from Stern.

To buy, please send an email mentioning how many pairs and whether SAM or Whitestar (slightly different cable length but otherwise identical) to info@redshiftled.com.au and I will issue a PayPal invoice.

Cheers

Mike

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/28/b2dafcf5d61f0389152d255fa7ec822d.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/28/dc91c4b074372e8c61f2791c60d37ea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TimeBandit

Noob question, don't laugh at me... Do these work with only specific pins? I have a 1979 Stern Meteor that I would like to install LEDS in down the track. Did a quick test with some borrowed LEDs and they flash and ghost pretty badly. Would this board be suitable for a Meteor? Thanks.

Just want to clarify the functionality after a few enquiries about flicker. These boards ONLY address ghosting. Ghosting is the problem where insert lamps that should NOT be coming on, come on faintly at the same time as other lamps that should be on. This is caused by reflected current in the matrix, which the termination resistors dampen. Non-ghosting LED bulbs address this with the circuitry built into the bulb itself. That's why they are more expensive.

These boards do NOT address issues of flicker and crazy behaviour that arises from LED bulbs trying to run off a signal that is designed to cause a fading effect for an incandescent bulb. This is why Stern changed the lighting effects on IMVE, and let you choose in the options whether you want LED or incandescent code running.

If you want to generally smooth out the behaviour of your LEDs, the best product is the LED OCD board by Pinsider Herg. They are available outside of the US through Comet Pinball. These are awesome at smoothing everything out and allowing the incandescent fading effects to work properly with LED bulbs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-advanced-lamp-controller-shipping-with-wait-list

• 3 weeks later...

Some user feedback.

There may be one or two bulbs in your machine that do not get fully zeroed out. I have only tested this in half a dozen games, and there are many variations out there in the production of the machines, so unfortunately I can't test them all and have used a general approach to clearing up as much of the problem as I can. The general level of ghosting should be drastically improved even if there are one or two troublesome lamps. If anyone is unhappy with the way the boards perform I will of course refund you if you return them to me.

And perhaps if anyone is so inclined, they could post here any performance issues specific to their machine?

Thanks again all

Cheers

Mike

Anyone tried these in POTC as it was shocking for this. Great product Mike. GLWS

Yes mate I have on POTC pin.

An overall improvement however not 100 % effective

OFF - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppd4jpfpao3xb4b/OFF.mp4?dl=0

ON - https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9bg9vx26jolw29/ON.mp4?dl=0

Video I made, you can see Jack the monkey LED is on and has dimmed most of the other ones. You can try this in your machine as all machines would have variant effects.

Hope that helps.

- Con

For the guys who have already bought, I am going to refund half the board price and call it an open beta. For the next 10 sets they are $23 shipped and see if we can't get a bit of a broader set of machines covered.

Just PM me here for them.

I am pretty confident claiming an average 90% improvement.

Edited by TimeBandit

Has anyone tried this on LOTR yet? I have some serious ghosting! This looks like an awesome product

outlive the outbreak!

What are the worst inserts on LOTR? I have non ghosting LEDs in mine (had them in before the board was made) and haven't retrograded to standards to test it out yet. I will do a before and after video. If you can tell me the inserts you are most interested in I will concentrate on those and do a few others.

I had pretty drastic improvement on my TSPP as well. I will do videos for that as well.

I will do AC/DC as well. It's pretty close to 100%.

What are the worst inserts on LOTR? I have non ghosting LEDs in mine (had them in before the board was made) and haven't retrograded to standards to test it out yet. I will do a before and after video. If you can tell me the inserts you are most interested in I will concentrate on those and do a few others.

I had pretty drastic improvement on my TSPP as well. I will do videos for that as well.

I will have a look over night and confirm but from memory the 4 fellowship inserts starting from the right, destroy the ring, elf gifts, path of the dead and minor ghosting on the KEEP inserts. [emoji2]

outlive the outbreak!

For the guys who have already bought, I am going to refund half the board price and call it an open beta. For the next 10 sets they are $23 shipped and see if we can't get a bit of a broader set of machines covered.

Just PM me here for them.

I am pretty confident claiming an average 90% improvement.

@gapmaster

FP-F14-T2-NF-TZ-TAF-STTNG-CFTBL-HYPERBALL

• 2 weeks later...

Just following up with some comparison videos. Here is my AC/DC. You can see that there is not quite 100% zero out of the ghosting, but the improvement is dramatic.

First, without the termination resistors

Then with..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...