Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Genius G840 EPROM Programmer Experience?

Pelly

Question

Hi guys,

I recently got one of these programmers as I wanted to be able to burn some ROM's (i. e. Convert my TMNT into a 2 Player etc..

I thought this should be a good entry level device to get into this sort of thing.

Anyway, I set it up and all seems fine (PC running Windows 7) Software and Drivers seemed to install properly. I erased the chips using one of those cheapo erasers (12mins under the light). I was able to verify one was blank and then when programming it froze part way through. Then I subsequently get it freezing on verifying blanks and also programming. I still haven't been able to successfully program and verify a chip yet ;(

Any pointers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

6 answers to this question

Are you using the external power supply?

Yep.

Just to verify the steps I should take..

1. Blank check

2. Load BIN file

3. Program

4. Verify

I have had some freeze on Blank Check and some freeze on Program :-/

Doesn't sound like you are driving it incorrectly, more like application issues. Are you running it as administrator? Worth a try.

Yeah, I am doing that. I might try on another computer and see how that goes. Do you use one of these models?

Afraid not, I've only ever had one burner, a Wellon VP280, it's not without its quirks but it mostly behaves.

No worries. Well I just installed it all on an old laptop I wasn't using. Same OS (Win 7) and now it seems to be working. Programmed my x4 chips for TMNT and it is all good :)

Must be either some sort of software conflict or issues with the USB on the other computer.

Thanks anyway mate.

Now to have some fun with this! ;)

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk