Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

WTB, small PARTS TUMBLER

so its not $40 postage? thanks for the link

I purchased mine from Clayton Firearms here in Victoria 12 months ago. Although it was purchased in person, I'm pretty sure they do online ordering too.

what size did you get? how big is the Nano do you know?

- - - Updated - - -

bought a smart reloader nano, Not sure if its big enough but as long as it can do small bolts and so on then ill be happy.also a 7lb of walnut media so that should keep me going for a while and save me hours on the while wheel on the bench grinder lol

cheer for the help guys

cool .. just in case you didnt know .. expect it to take up to 2 days to do its magic.

yer i know they are alittle slow, Oh well, upside is it beats the wire wheel bench grinder i guess, every time I i start cleaning parts on the wire wheel I think to my self i wish i had a tumbler lol

It can live outside on the back porch so i dont have to hear the noise, i dont like my neighbors any ways lol

I picked up a Nano to do my very small bits, pretty quiet running, reluctant to leave it running over night base seems to get very warm

thanks for the info from experience, roughly how wide is the diameter of the bowl?

Just remember the bowl usually has a centre shaft so you can't use the whole width.

Yer i understand that, , they were sketchy on the details they seem to rate them as the number of shells it can hold rather than it dimensions,

obviously wont take big parts but as long as i didnt buy something useless i guess cos most of the parts id be cleaning would be bolts and screws and nuts, maybe a pew pinball posts for the current pinball restoration project im doing.

only picked this up yesterday, so see how it goes,

"nano nano"

ok so 20cm round abouts, that should do the jobby lol

thanks for the picture, I was hoping mine would show up today but it hasnt so im hoping tomorrow. Im really looking forward to it. Ive purposely been holding off cleaning a bunch of bits just so i can test it, lol

ok im thinking i may have the wrong media, i know can take 2 days but it has been just under 24 hours and the parts arent even showing signs of cleaning up.

Im using walnut shell but i thinking it might not be abrasive to clean up some old nuts and so on, what are you guys using?

im thinking about adding BB's to walnut, do you guys recon that will help?

Edited by jason1

after many hours tumbling, some parts just don't come up shinny especially hex post, washers & other small parts, i added sand blasting sand with no difference & all types of additive polish, if the metal parts have any of that white oxidation has to be wire wheeled off 1st, also tried corn cob media with no difference, Any how i killed my small tumbler, I'm sticking with Lyman & Lyman tumblers & software :cool:

after many hours tumbling, some parts just don't come up shinny especially hex post, washers & other small parts, i added sand blasting sand with no difference & all types of additive polish, if the metal parts have any of that white oxidation has to be wire wheeled off 1st, also tried corn cob media with no difference, Any how i killed my small tumbler, I'm sticking with Lyman & Lyman tumblers & software :cool:

I am considering going down to bunnings and buyign some pumice and see it that works, what you recon?

I put a few spoonfuls of liquid car wax in, don't know if it made any difference but bits came up shiny. I removed any obvious dirt etc before putting parts into tumbler.

This is my homebrew tumbler

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/38324-Cheap-DIY-Tumbler?highlight=DIY+tumbler

my aim is to clean parts remove slight surface rust more than polish, but i have just added some heavy grit buffing compound to the walnut and see it that helps

Edited by jason1

added a prety good dob of heavy grade buffing compound to the mix and that seems to have worked well, i think its removed more crap inthe last 3 hours since doing it than it did the last 24 hours of walnut allone

I dont think walnut shells is abrasive enough for removing scale, ive seen ceramic media from googling is best for that not wallnut.

never tried it, let us know the results,

Didnt get around to doing the pumice, but i did find a site that sells the ceramic triangle that is recommended for removing rust much quicker and better than walnut.

I did get success with the walnut after adding buffing compound but it was slow and I did a tonne of research and these triangle media is the way to go for rusty bolts and so on.

here is the website, turns out Gemstone enthusiasts use tumblers to clean stones, so I found a gemstone hobby site that sells many different types of tumbler media

http://aussiesapphire.com.au

my tumbler has done allot of work and seems to be holding up fine, but I bought some of this different media so its not as hard on the tumbler by not needing it to run for so long

Edited by jason1