Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Problem with Pandora's Box 4

Hi montassermonty, there is a setting in the settings menu that has to be set to 1:1 credit, and i did have a board the cap was soldered the wrong way around. i know you probably have checked them but just in case.

Cheers

I don't think it's soldered in the wrong way how do you know aside from the pic that was posted ? Also when you set it to 1:1 that's not freeplay? My issue is on freeplay when you first select game it dumps 9 credits right away then when you press start it dumps additional credits

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I don't think it's soldered in the wrong way how do you know aside from the pic that was posted ? Also when you set it to 1:1 that's not freeplay? My issue is on freeplay when you first select game it dumps 9 credits right away then when you press start it dumps additional credits

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1:1 usually means 'one coin = one credit'

• 2 months later...

Pandora 645 in 1

Hi all,

Happy New Year!!

So here is my problem.

I have 2 x pandora 4 645 in 1 boxes i purchased in late December 2016 and wanted to use in cocktail cabinets i am building for home use coin mech not needed, the problem is i really like the game 1942 so when you go to play this game it will only use the 1 player controls in 2 player mode and will not flip the screen in my cocktail cabinet.

I have tested the controls in the I/O test section and both joysticks and buttons work as listed in the I/O test section.

I cannot find anywhere where it gives you the option for standup or cocktail cabinet and how to play the 2nd player in 1942 with the 2nd controller and buttons.

Has anybody had this problem and does anybody know is this a problem with the pandora 645 in 1 as the company i brought it from states that it will work on both types of cabinets.

Thanks

Bill

I was playing Truxton on my brothers pB 4 the other day and noticed that 2p was on p1 controls alternating. If the cocktail was a permanent spot for it u could drill small holes through the edge connectors following the pb4 play control pinout and fill with solder so now both controls operate both players at the same time. This suggestion for the cocktail mode- I have never tried this and not sure if it would not be good for your tube or chassis but u should be able to have your x2 vertical wires that run from your tube to your chassis on a switch to flip the screen. The horizontal may also need to be on a switch as picture maybe inverted. Again flipping these while they are running maybe a bad idea not sure. What ever u do don't mix the vertical and horizontal around as it will burn out your chassis as the Run on different voltage ( very different!!).

Have u tried the game configuration menu in ur settings menu. Maybe there is a setting for classic games like 1942?. Again I'm suggesting that there maybe a setting inside your settings if ur lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Hi Adzy8383,

I don't want to have to re-solder anything. When it should just work as per the purchase from their web site. (chinese will tell you anything to sell you anything i suppose) Anyway there is no setting in the configuration menu for this except for more lives or easier/harder play level. and you cannot change the screen from horizontal to vertical. and the screen will not flip for any game as they say it will.

Looks like i just struck out on this and will have to set it up as an upright game and tell my friends to play most of the games when they play 2 player using the 1 player controls.

(otherwise you can see that if i do what you suggest, player 1 can interfere with player 2s controls when they are playing their game)

Thanks

Bill

• 6 months later...

coins troubleshouting pandora 4

Hello there , i'm new here , i was looking for this problem with coins switch on the pandora 4 , i have few of them , when 1 switch the button for a coin it gives me 1,2,3 coins as it wants ,

i see you resolved it on older card pandora with e 22µf cap 16 volts soldered ont the pcb , i made it on an old card and it's worked fined , thanxs , but with the pandora 4 version it's a different building , so my question : how and where to solder it to make sure it will works ? sorry for my english :/

regards ,

Ludo

1942 is a single joystick game on all multi-boards that i have come across , even 60 in 1. 2nd player uses player 1 joystick. It appears the rom was designed around a single joystick upright machine from day one. Not a big deal. Several other vertical games on the pandoras box 4 also only use a single joystick. They run in a letter box mode to keep the 4:5 ratio in perspective. It is a good compromise to get all the favorites on 1 card. Back in the day it was quite common to play a lot of games on the LAI single joystick lowboys.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Yes...the 22 mfd 16 volt cap will fix it...you can actually run it right across the coin switch itself. Bally Midway had this same capacitor on Galaxian and Pacman arcade games!! Todd from TNT Amusements

So Todd,

When are you going to send some more arcade originals to Australia?

Where's your catalogue, and what the hell happened with the Patriots?

Do you have a spare EDOT? I need one.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

OOO

• 2 months later...
I have 2 different model Pandora's. A 4X and 5S. One is installed inside a controller panel and the other is installed via jamma harness inside a cabinet. Both are having the following issue in coin mode. I insert coins/press coin button to add multiple credits on the menu screen. Then I select and boot game title. When game loads it shows just 1 credit for 1P. I can not at that point add more credits even when I insert more coins. The credits register on the front end but are not being accepted by the game. After using the one credit I can't add more credits to continue or to start a new game. However, I can press P2 start button to use the outstanding front end credits. Are all Pandora's like this? I have emailed countless Pandora vendors without getting a clear answer mostly because of the language barrier. Edited by SteveBR