Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Battery advice please

I need some help...

A few years ago I got a Traxxas 4-Tec electric from a friend, It needs a tidy up and some parts but the first port of call is to make sure it runs ok and to do this I need a new battery.

Here in lies my question, what is a cheap battery for it that I can pick up at the local hobby shop? I had a look online but it turns out a lot has changed in the 20 odd years that Ive been out of RC.

• 4 weeks later...

Any local hobby shop with a front door will charge you Twice what the battery is worth .

Hobbyking website is awesome and has almost every rc battery imaginable .

I purchase all my rc batteries from them as prices are best you will find .

Turnigy or Zippy lipo batteries are all I buy for my 1/8 onroad and offroad cars .

Lipo batteries are the go but I'm not sure if they are compatible with your car .

Good luck with your search .

Believe it or not ive tried that but the problem is the Nitro 4-tec is hugely popular and the bulk of results are for that with very little on the electric 4-tec.

It also uses what I know as the Tamiya molex connector but with a second connector off it for the radio gear and im having trouble finding that.

Is there anything special about the battery shape? Surely you just need the same voltage and amp rating. Modify a more regular battery to suit (",)

Thats what I was trying to find out but it doesn't loot like there is anything special about it so in with a 7.2 me thinks

• 2 weeks later...

just jump on ebay and buy the bloody thing for $30 rchobbystore might be also be a good start if you want cheap. different if you want high end stuff go else where but you want a cheap run of the mill battery then check this link out.

https://www.rchobbyestore.com.au/

its not that hard to find a battery for an rc car.

most havent changed for 20 years except maybe the MAH and that isnt a big deal

• 4 weeks later...