Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Any V8 supercar fans here?

camaro

The mountain has thrown some fun into the mix this year.

Top 10 in the wet, best lap of 2:04:909, a big crash for Mostert, ....Brings me back to my youth.

Up at 6AM, waking the old man so we could sit on our butts all day and watch the race.

I used to love it - even raced there as part of a team for two years but I'm afraid they have stuffed the whole thing with the "new cars" that aren't even real cars anymore - just fancy go-carts with fiberglass panels on them.....forget it!

What will happen when there are no more V8 street cars - no Holdens or Fords? They really have no brains this mob....

Go the Volvo!!!

Been doing the 6am start since a was a boy too! My family has been active in Motorsport for over 40 years, regardless of the field Bathurst will always be a sacred Sunday.

Enjoy the race my fellow petrol heads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to love it - even raced there as part of a team for two years but I'm afraid they have stuffed the whole thing with the "new cars" that aren't even real cars anymore - just fancy go-carts with fiberglass panels on them.....forget it!

What will happen when there are no more V8 street cars - no Holdens or Fords? They really have no brains this mob....

Agreed that's why even though they are not street compatible anymore, I still watch it....In 2 years it won't exist in any form that is recognizable to the average Jo. And then it will die....It started with thw Ovlovs, Nissans and Merc,s coming in

• Super Moderator
Go the Volvo!!!

Been doing the 6am start since a was a boy too! My family has been active in Motorsport for over 40 years, regardless of the field Bathurst will always be a sacred Sunday.

Enjoy the race my fellow petrol heads!

And don't they sound great hammering down the straight..! Much better than the Fords and Holden's IMO..

A very distinctive note.

Ya gotta love a v8, the sound is like nothing else.

I have been a Holden man all my life, first car was a Torana SLR5000 mock up in canary yellow and black.

But I'll be taking delivery of my first Ford ever in 2 weeks, an XR8 supercharged 5 lt.

Insanely cheap way into a factory backed supercharged donk.

Opinions are like aholes.. We all got one. ;)

Now - if a Rotary was in full scream down Conrod, that would be worth listening to..

I'm with you - my first year at Bathurst was with a team running an RX3 and the next year we were one of the first with an RX7 along with Moffat (he was running a different team but helped us a lot).

• Super Moderator
I'm with you - my first year at Bathurst was with a team running an RX3 and the next year we were one of the first with an RX7 along with Moffat (he was running a different team but helped us a lot).

You'd know Phil Alexander and maybe even Rick Shaw.. Though Rick would have been just a whipper snapper back then..

You'd know Phil Alexander and maybe even Rick Shaw.. Though Rick would have been just a whipper snapper back then..

Yep I know them both, I was also a young'un back then as well.

I even asked Rick if his parents had a mental problem - he wasn't amused - LOL

As a young boy the family attended each year, loved it there was nothing better, these days don't get there but still watch each year.

Highlight when I was younger was getting a lap around Bathurst with Larry perkins and having pictures of sitting in his race car. Funny thing is the following year he still remembered me and signed those pictures

Great memories

Love Bathurst weekend...... My Dad (RIP) was big into motorsport and travelled around the country as a 'Jack of all Trades' for Will Power and his father way back when he was racing Formula Fords. One of my earliest memories is Dad watching the great race on a B&W tv whilst working on one of his many project cars, much to Mum's chagrin!

So tomorrow will be watching the race, shopping a pin and remembering the old boy!

• Super Moderator
Yep I know them both, I was also a young'un back then as well.

I even asked Rick if his parents had a mental problem - he wasn't amused - LOL

Ha.! I spent much of my misspent youth in and around their workshops around Five Dock - tuning.

Good times.

We also used to live up the street from Peter McLeod and family. Loved the RX-7!

Suffice to say the neighbours were not to fond of having the McLeod's RX and our two Sports 1300's within a few doors!

Now - if a Rotary was in full scream down Conrod, that would be worth listening to..

Glad there's some rotary fans around :D I miss my RX-7 :(

I do love the V8s though, grew up watching Peter Brock/Mark Skaife tear up the mountain then pass the torch to Craig Lowndes.

Looking forward to a great race tomorrow, will be very interesting if it's as wet as it was for qualifying!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a fan of the big race, but still in the UK. Hopefully I can catch some of the action over here. I've already missed both the NRl and AFL finals.

From what I understand Bathurst is popular in the UK so hopefully you can find it on Sky Sports (I assume it's only on subscription TV over there, not on the BBC) either at home or at a local pub, otherwise there's always the option of streaming!

Any V8 supercar fans here?

Bloody Rice Burners

Yep it's my Grand Final this weekend ,my most favourite Race of the Year

Theses nothing like a screaming V8 on full noise going down Conrod Straight

Go DJR Team Penske

If you are interested I have my late wife's immaculate RX8 for sale in Kuranda - PM me for a deal you may not be able to resist!

I'm sorry to hear your wife is no longer with us :(

So much temptation around these forums... thank you for the offer, I would if I could :D I had to sell the RX-7 due to it's impracticality and my partner wouldn't let me keep 2 cars :( one day I'll have another rotary. They're addictive.