Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Neo Geo AES Colelction

Selling my Neo Geo AES collection as it?s time to let someone else enjoy this beast. SOLD SOLD SOLD

This is a ready to go set-up!

Console is complete with all cables, 2 arcade controls and 13 games.

This is the JAP console version (Neo Geo is region free though) so I have a step-down transformer I will throw in for free so you can play this on any Aussie TV with an NTSC frequency available.

I am asking for $1,000 for AA members (listed for higher on FB groups)IMG_0130.thumb.jpg.2f7c1bddfc81a52b15871e0d47fef585.jpgIMG_0131.thumb.jpg.51ae66f407940689076f9e1fe3db1eb1.jpgIMG_0132.thumb.jpg.f905ff854a009e1dd198c8f713708d94.jpgIMG_0133.thumb.jpg.0a2682db6cc82856e83cc15d5f4ecc76.jpg

I know this sounds a lot, but this is really a fair price as market value for this collection together is roughly $1,800 AUD.

I am open to offers and would prefer pickup but can arrange post at buyers expense.

Games are all complete with most manuals still in plastic. Nam is the only cosmetically damaged box with an ink blotch on the front.

Nam 1975

Alpha Mission 2

Sengoku

Riding Hero

Art of Fighting 2

Ninja Combat

Ghost Pilots

3 Count Bout

The Super Spy

Magician Lord

Blue?s Journey

Super Sidekicks

Samurai Spirits

Get at me!

Edited by WOKA

Look inside the cart slot and to the extreme right, or just take the top off and have a look.

Ill tell you why its important in a minute, there is a huge amount of misinformation around the internet about AES revisions and what it all means.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, sorry bout that, had to swap to the computer instead of the phone.

So the reason I ask is because that box is usually the holder of first revision NEO-GEO consoles, which more often than not are 5v consoles, and for some really strange reason, tend to be highly sort after in certain circles. There is also the speak of serial numbers, and how they affect it all. Well, they don't mean a damn thing. Theyre simply a serial number and nothing else.

The revisions are all capable of being 100% identical, with the exception of the externally regulated 5v or internally regulated 9-12v, they ALL play the same games and ALL put out the same quality video, some just need some very minor changes. I have never ever struck an issue with a 9-12v console that would reset or play up on huge meg count games, but the externally regulated 5v consoles are a fair bit more open to it due to the voltage drop being a little bit worse, hence the change in design for the later consoles.

The common belief is that the first revisions have better quality RGB, which is horse shit. Theyre identical out of the box to the 3-3 and 3-4 revisions, and the reason for this is due to the wrong value capacitor and resistor combo used on the output side of the CXA1145, this was fixed in the 3-5 and 3-6. The issue is a simple matter of removing the incorrect 100uF capacitors and 68ohm resistors and putting in the correct values as recommended by Sony for their CXA1145 chip and they are 470uF and 75ohm, which is what the factory saw fit to eventually put into the 3-5 and 3-6 revisions. Its a big improvement, nice bright colours and great black detail. Very easy fix anyway.

The 3-3 was the first change away from first version, although there is a couple first versions, both are basically identical. The 3-3 is fine, but need to swap out those caps and resistors on the video output lines.

The 3-4 had some variation to the audio circuit, but it is a few 0.1uF caps they didn't put in there. There is a difference, but without really good ears you wont care.

The 3-5 revision is 100% flawless straight out of the box in most instances, perfect bright RGB, perfect sound, but there were a few that snuck out the door with the headphone jack wired reverse for left and right.

The 3-6 revision has a minor design flaw on the board that causes a jailbar effect with RGB, however this is very easily fixed. Lots of 3-6s got out the door with the headphone jack wired backwards, big deal, flip your RCA plugs over at the amp end!

So there you have it, that is the thick and thin of it. There is tons of garbage out there saying the older versions had better RGB but worse composite video, and the newer ones had better composite video but worse RGB and SNK did this on purpose because the RGB wasn't as likely to be used, that is all utter crap, there is a few websites that spill the same garbage, one even has pictures comparing them using a very questionable method and linking the variations to serial numbers. The only change is the capacitor/resistor value, and it was incorrect on all of them prior to 3-5.

- - - Updated - - -

So if indeed you do find out you have a first revision, possibly a 5v first revision, and although I don't condone this, but you may as well play it for all it's worth and put it on Ebay as such, with photos of the internals, and you will quite likely get a hell of a lot more money for it.