Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

iPad 2 annoying problem

My iPad 2 is suffering from an annoying (& frustrating problem). Switching between tabs in Safari causes the open tab to reload. It is like I have manually refreshed the page, but I haven't. I have searched for a solution on the web but nothing has fixed the problem. I did find the comment below on another forum, but I am hoping there is a workaround.

Its seems to be the way Apple freezes things in the background and not actually let them run in the background. That's why other apps will do the same thing, because it was basically "paused" in the background they refresh when you come back to them. 1gb RAM would be fine if apple would run the tabs live in the background at least while the app is still in the foreground but freezing the tab and the refreshing it when you come back is the worst way to handle this

Can anybody confirm the above comment is true? Has anybody else experienced this issue, and if so, is there a way to fix it? :unsure

My iPad 2 is running iOS 9.2

Cheers,

Matthew

• Super Moderator

iPad 2 annoying problem

I'm still running 8.4.1 on mine (because I couldn't be bothered to click install) and it doesn't have this problem. Must be a 9.2 bug. You might have to wait for the next IOS update

Edited by Foot

• 1 month later...

Apple doesn't let you go backwards to older code versions. iPad 2 days of receiving code updates are numbered. Trouble started with many 2 users when they crossed over to the technically enhanced iOS 9 software of which takes the iPad 2's hardware to its limits.

Like above I'd suggest you back all your stuff up and reinstall. Increase your storage space and do other necessary tasks to improve your RAM. Don't have much stuff going on in the background. All these things help keep the system stable and helps prevent lockups and memory leaks.