Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mr.Do! Strategy and Tips

If you have read the thread this far then you would know how much I love this game.

As much as I have played it, I am amazed to still discover new things about it. This little 'glitch' came up recently and I thought I'd share it in the Strategy and Tips guide. I can't edit it into Post 1 because I have reached the word limit!

As I have stated in the guide here every time your score passes a 5000 point interval, (25000, 30000, 35000 etc) a letter from the EXTRA box enters the game. You collect each of these letters to gain an extra Mr. Do and increase your score and happiness through more game time.

I have recently become aware of one exception to this rule.

As you progress through the levels the centre prizes increase in value to a maximum of 8000 points. It is also possible to squash four mosters for 6000 points or five or more monsters for 8000 points. When you score more than 5000 points in a single move you will pass over two triggers for the letter to come out.

For example, if you were on 98,000 points and scored 8000 points you would pass 100,000 (which would normally bring a letter out) and 105,000 (which also would bring a letter out). When this happens you just get the one letter out and the game then continues as normal.

The exception is the progression from 995,000 to 1,000,000 points. If you pass both of these score points in one go (eg. you have 994,000 and get a kill of 8000 to take you to 1,002,000) you trigger something that stops the letters coming out each 5000 points for the rest of the game.

This should be avoided at all costs. Extras are the key to extended gameplay and, because of the game's pace at this point, it is difficult to collect the letters you need by just collecting the centre prize.

I made this mistake on a recent game and had to survive from the million point mark onward without getting the EXTRA letters every 5000 points. I ended up with a new PB of 1,555,500 but was left thinking 'What could have been?' because of all of the potential letters I had missed. The extra 555,500 points I earned over the million had the potential to bring out 111 extra letters.

If you find yourself about to roll over the million mark I encourage you to take a look at your score and ensure you pass the 995,000 and 1,000,000 score points separately.

Good luck, go and get a million.

I ended up with a new PB of 1,555,500 but was left thinking 'What could have been?' because of all of the potential letters I had missed. The extra 555,500 points I earned over the million had the potential to bring out 111 extra letters.

Insert coin ... and go again! Great find. Great story. Next stop, 2 million plus!

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

• 2 months later...

The exception is the progression from 995,000 to 1,000,000 points. If you pass both of these score points in one go (eg. you have 994,000 and get a kill of 8000 to take you to 1,002,000) you trigger something that stops the letters coming out each 5000 points for the rest of the game.

If you find yourself about to roll over the million mark I encourage you to take a look at your score and ensure you pass the 995,000 and 1,000,000 score points separately.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For figuring out the reason why the Alpha Monsters stop coming out every 5k when you hit 1 million points! I've had this happen to me numerous times and could never figure it out. I even tried changing the switches on my game board with no luck.

Loved your thread on Mr. Do! and found it to be very useful. Here are a couple of items I might contribute.....

Million Point Alpha Monster Glitch:

I have noticed that it does not necessarily last for the rest of the game. One time I had this happen and was fortunate enough to clear the 2 Million mark with no Alpha Monsters appearing every 5k. When I crossed the 2M mark they resumed appearing every 5k points.

Alpha Monster at Beginning of Level 10's:

If you begin any of the 10 Levels with an Alpha Monster immediately present, launching the ball immediately to the right will almost always find/kill it. While this can be done on Levels 10 and 20, I would not recommend it for 30 and above as the monsters are too fast.

Level 255+/- Slow Down:

When you get to about Scene 255 or 256 the Monsters slow waay down to their original speed. This is a great opportunity to work on rebuilding your supply of Extra Lives as you can many times get three or more Alpha Monsters to appear. Their speed does increase faster than it did originally, but the slow down is a nice rest. Be careful not to get too used to it though.....

Thanks again for the awesome Do post!

Edited by dabruceman
Forgot One Fact

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For figuring out the reason why the Alpha Monsters stop coming out every 5k when you hit 1 million points! I've had this happen to me numerous times and could never figure it out. I even tried changing the switches on my game board with no luck.

I can't take the credit for figuring out the reason.

I was frustrated with not being able to work out the reason why so I wrote to Mr. Do expert Daren Oliver (dazzer) and asked if he could explain it. He gave me the info I needed. This was a game changer for me.

Million Point Alpha Monster Glitch:

I have noticed that it does not necessarily last for the rest of the game. One time I had this happen and was fortunate enough to clear the 2 Million mark with no Alpha Monsters appearing every 5k. When I crossed the 2M mark they resumed appearing every 5k points.

My guess would be that the second time you crossed the million mark you did it without crossing the 995,000 and 1,000,000 point together again. That could explain why they started reappearing again.

Alpha Monster at Beginning of Level 10's:

If you begin any of the 10 Levels with an Alpha Monster immediately present, launching the ball immediately to the right will almost always find/kill it. While this can be done on Levels 10 and 20, I would not recommend it for 30 and above as the monsters are too fast.

I keep my ball on the zero levels to make two quick kills on the way to the safe high ground. Letters are plentiful, lives are not!

Level 255+/- Slow Down:

When you get to about Scene 255 or 256 the Monsters slow waay down to their original speed. This is a great opportunity to work on rebuilding your supply of Extra Lives as you can many times get three or more Alpha Monsters to appear. Their speed does increase faster than it did originally, but the slow down is a nice rest. Be careful not to get too used to it though.....

I have not made it to level 255. Maybe that should be the next target, the monsters slowing down would certainly help to build the extras again. Although I do prefer the game at its faster speed in the higher levels - less mucking around and straight into killing monsters!

• 5 years later...