Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

High Scores - Walking Dead

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

High Scores - Walking Dead

How the duck can you get a score on TWD like that, I need answers before I sell mine coz it's brutal.

- Con

I’d be very interested in your TWD if your selling it mate

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Has to be set up perfectly. Ask Hashman

See that's the thing for me, I like Walking Dead BECAUSE IT'S BRUTAL. The one I play all the time has so many different ways it can stiff you - the feed from the pops is trouble every single time. The drops - dangerous yes, most especially so when the top one, left alone standing to attention gets hit and doesn`t drop, ball going directly right outline. That stupid non responsive head in the prison that cushions all the momentum and drops straight down the middle as often as it can. Graze the Well Walker, send the ball up the play field, safe? Nope, magnet still active, catches the ball upon it's return and whips it straight out the left out lane.

One answer in trying to get big scores is that if it's a premium or LE, get yourself to a position of safety with the "smart bomb" and then play other parts of the game with use of the bomb and multiball in your back pocket for when you drain.

It's game you can get really good at but never master. My mate had a game of 840 million the other day on the site one we play and didn`t get any part of the scoreboard tables at all. Nuthin'.

Has to be set up perfectly. Ask Hashman

Thanks mate, ive reached out to him.

See that's the thing for me, I like Walking Dead BECAUSE IT'S BRUTAL. The one I play all the time has so many different ways it can stiff you - the feed from the pops is trouble every single time. The drops - dangerous yes, most especially so when the top one, left alone standing to attention gets hit and doesn`t drop, ball going directly right outline. That stupid non responsive head in the prison that cushions all the momentum and drops straight down the middle as often as it can. Graze the Well Walker, send the ball up the play field, safe? Nope, magnet still active, catches the ball upon it's return and whips it straight out the left out lane.

One answer in trying to get big scores is that if it's a premium or LE, get yourself to a position of safety with the "smart bomb" and then play other parts of the game with use of the bomb and multiball in your back pocket for when you drain.

It's game you can get really good at but never master. My mate had a game of 840 million the other day on the site one we play and didn`t get any part of the scoreboard tables at all. Nuthin'.

For me the outer lanes are to Brutal, as soon as the ball goes anywhere near there its all over red rover. ( this is the worst part for me ) Its like play a Ghost busters with the magnaslings.

When the ball comes down from the right orbit, ball goes straight down the middle sometimes. ( this sucks )

Left ramp I have fixed ( was to high at the top ) snipped the tip off the hex post and now all good there, ball travels up but still needs to be a sweet shot.

I jump off the game frustrated, yes I get it we all need a hard game which I dont mind but its killing the buzz for me.

Any more tips would be appreciated.

- Con

Thanks mate, ive reached out to him.

For me the outer lanes are to Brutal, as soon as the ball goes anywhere near there its all over red rover. ( this is the worst part for me ) Its like play a Ghost busters with the magnaslings.

When the ball comes down from the right orbit, ball goes straight down the middle sometimes. ( this sucks )

Left ramp I have fixed ( was to high at the top ) snipped the tip off the hex post and now all good there, ball travels up but still needs to be a sweet shot.

I jump off the game frustrated, yes I get it we all need a hard game which I dont mind but its killing the buzz for me.

Any more tips would be appreciated.

- Con

For me Con, first order of business:

For the right side drain I had to learn pretty quickly on the one I play that I MUST get some part of that rail or post just after it exits the pops or the ball is gone. I nudge the machine when the ball comes out of here every single time. I'll even take two warnings doing so because, if it doesn`t hit that rail or post it is 100% gone.

2nd: Work out how to play with the bomb for the prison blue shot multiball. Playing on house money is fun (and safe).

re/ the outlanes, not sure I've much of any easy answer for you. They are tough, but I've played the game enough to be able to save them sometimes over there...of course preventative nudging, stopping the ball even being in the vicinity is a better idea if you can!

For me Con, first order of business:

For the right side drain I had to learn pretty quickly on the one I play that I MUST get some part of that rail or post just after it exits the pops or the ball is gone. I nudge the machine when the ball comes out of here every single time. I'll even take two warnings doing so because, if it doesn`t hit that rail or post it is 100% gone.

2nd: Work out how to play with the bomb for the prison blue shot multiball. Playing on house money is fun (and safe).

re/ the outlanes, not sure I've much of any easy answer for you. They are tough, but I've played the game enough to be able to save them sometimes over there...of course preventative nudging, stopping the ball even being in the vicinity is a better idea if you can!

Great tips thanks boss.

The outer lanes for me is the biggest issue, no adjustments on the posts. I have changed the rubbers ( smaller ) to see if that helps which it has a little.

All of the other pins that I have ive learnt to nudge and push when needed and save the balls many times, but this game doesn't want to play nice. Was hoping that I could adjust the outer lanes a little but the PF holes wouldn't allow it.

Ive seen these on PS

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00605-save-post-walking-dead-by-yoyokopter

Or I could takes my socks off and jam them into the outer lanes and be done with it haha

- Con

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy game yesterday. Played a Horde worth a shed load, ended only by a stuck ball. Had 5 balls going during it, and 2x playfiewld it felt like the majority of the time. Still, haven't seen Last Man Standing.

wd1.jpg.b067533cebe1fe9ffc082f9a112fc169.jpg

wd2.jpg.e6bb5ad7278adb12b457a27858d6d553.jpg

wd3.jpg.59b7fdbdc8aa3b4d81f7fa208b283d22.jpg

Crazy game yesterday. Played a Horde worth a shed load, ended only by a stuck ball. Had 5 balls going during it, and 2x playfiewld it felt like the majority of the time.

Nice score Matt. Thats a huge Horde mode. My best is probably about a third of that. Do you know how the original Horde values are calculated? Is it if you do well with collecting the items needed to start Horde then the values in Horde are worth a lot more? I know sometimes during Horde the initial values are only worth about 2 or 3 million.

Nice score Matt. Thats a huge Horde mode. My best is probably about a third of that. Do you know how the original Horde values are calculated? Is it if you do well with collecting the items needed to start Horde then the values in Horde are worth a lot more? I know sometimes during Horde the initial values are only worth about 2 or 3 million.

I'm not totally sure but I actually just think they start low, like 1.5 million. The closer the walker gets to you (indicated by the number of lights and how they flash at you on any given shot) the more points it is worth. Stage clearances are worth big points (as I'm sure you know, but not sure how they are calculated).

After you clear a stage the base value goes up - not sure how much, but it goes up each stage clearance. That horde I had was so large that by the time the ball got stuck I pressed the three bombs I had leftr (leaving me one short of another stage clearance) that they scored about 35-40 million each (with double playfield running). Crazy points. If it hadn`t gotten the ball stuck, and, presuming I could make the Woodbury shot, I could have cashed out for another approx. 400 million.

Crazy game yesterday. Played a Horde worth a shed load, ended only by a stuck ball. Had 5 balls going during it, and 2x playfiewld it felt like the majority of the time. Still, haven't seen Last Man Standing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]132732[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]132733[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]132734[/ATTACH]

Updated:)

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131905[/ATTACH]

New "X" Champion score. Was a 7x shot that was an escape terminus shot worth 392,000,000, a combo worth 4,287,500 and a walker kill worth 3,027,500. @Malone

Didn't end up finishing Terminus (had 1 shot left to CDC) and managed 582,953,570.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]131906[/ATTACH]

Getting that would have been HUGE points. Went well during the modes with this for Barn -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]131907[/ATTACH]

What does everyone think the highest scoring mode is? I usually try and start with Barn but have noticed some really high Arena scoring (if you can continually loop that ramp)

Do you know how the Terminus scoring works Pat? My best is 300 odd million, and most have been nothing like as high as that. Is it a percentage of mode points for the first shot, then next one 2x, then 3x, then 4x and the last one at 5x that?

Finally made LMS the other day, and, proceeded to shit the bed and get very little from it. At least I got to see the inserts in a different colour, and, now know how it works.

Edited by Malone
added deets

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...