Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Do we need another Summer Shmup-off?

All has gone very quiet since the conclusion of the last MGL. Where has everyone been hiding?

The shmup-off a couple of years ago seemed pretty successful, should we have one up for the holiday period this year to keep the competitive and fun spirit alive?

Nothing serious, just a bit of button mashing and avoiding countless bullets

Thoughts?

:)

We should do something as it's pretty quiet, but not suited to a full MGL round. Shmup probably suits the carefree summer days better but I've always fancied an "Amazing Mazes" mini comp.

We could do;

- 3 concurrent game

- duration 1 month of play

- games selected by public aa poll, one vote per contestant - edit: three votes per contestant would be better

- the ballot paper assembled by a mystery maze aficionado :)

- say approx 10 games to select from - need a relatively low number so that voting works and we don't get one vote for everything!

Any interest?

Edited by Fire_Power
changed one vote to three votes

I'll have a few games of whatever comes up - but I totally suck a shmups.

How about a comp where we play driving games - preferably ones where your car is capable of jumping in the air? It would be cool also if the comp featured driving and jumping car games where you got a bonus for not killing any cars during a level/pattern. :lol

Any sort of theme would be good - we did the Puck-Off a couple of years back which was pretty cool. A driving/racing/motorcycle one was suggested at some stage, but so many of the great car games don't play well with a keyboard or controller - they really need dedicated wheels.

I'll volunteer to run it, but there is zero chance of me starting it until after Christmas.