Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

CFTBL Owners - what Mods have you made to the machine?

Hi all.

For those who own a Creature - I'd like to pose some questions about Mods & where you bought them:

#1 - Does anyone have the LCD mod to replace the hologram?

#2 - Speaker Panel mod with the taillights etc?

#3 - Led's in Pop Bumpers (Teal)

#4 - Any other Mods worth doing?

So far I have only added Led's throughout and the Car mod (Red Car as Pink is 4 times the price)

Thanks in advance

# 1 - Yes - purchased from PinballMikeD in the States - very easy to install and exceptionally cool. This is by far the best mod for a Creech.

http://pinballmiked.com/?product_cat=creature-from-the-black-lagoon

# 2 - Not yet but it is on my list - looks like you need to purchase separately with the CPR plastic (hard to get) and then the speaker cut-out and PCB kit. Pretty pricey as well.

# 3 - Yes - Installed a modified version of the one by TheKorn. Rather than just using a single wedge LED I am using the LED caps that are sold by pinballlife etc. Very easy to do and very cool.

http://www.thekorn.net/cftbl/howto.html

# 4 - Yes - ColorDMD, a set of Cliffy protectors for the snackbar and kiss holes, a MicroDisplayMod from Sparkypinball, new 6" subwoofer and Pink cadillac,

Not yet purchased but on the list is the snackbar mod by Swinks and a Pinsound board.

Hopefully I will have mine fully finished in a couple of weeks. Love the Creech.

Grab a beer or coffee and head over to Pinside and checkout the CFTBL Club thread - it will take you an hour or two to read through all the posts and follow the various links.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome

You will get heaps of ideas for your Creech. Check out sparkpinball.com for the MDM as well as Youtube etc. for mods such as the snackbar mod (very cool).

Once you have decided on the mods you are looking for, simply Google search to find if they available as well as checking the sponsors section of AA in case they're available here.

As for the LCD mod, I know there was someone here in Australia that was doing a similar product (I know it was mentioned on aussiepinball). I ended up getting mine from Mike but elected to source the LCD screen separately to save on costs - I think it ended up only costing just over $400 US including shipping to get the kit from Mike and a further $120 for the 12v 19" LCD.

Enjoy your Creech.

Hi all.

For those who own a Creature - I'd like to pose some questions about Mods & where you bought them:

#1 - Does anyone have the LCD mod to replace the hologram?

#2 - Speaker Panel mod with the taillights etc?

#3 - Led's in Pop Bumpers (Teal)

#4 - Any other Mods worth doing?

I have Swink's snackbar mod .. highly recommend it

Mine came with the pink caddy .. again lucky

Other mods are mirror blades , chrome shooter rod

Thanks in advance

LCD mod.. sourced mine from Dann36 on aussiepinball.com.au .. fantastic mod and ties in really well with the theme .. easy to instal

Haven't done the speaker panel mod as yet , machine came with the deluxe version panel installed which was lucky

Have wedge type leds with teal bumper caps.. looks great

I have Swink's snackbar mod .. highly recommend it

Mine came with the pink caddy .. again lucky

Other mods on mine are mirror blades , chrome shooter rod , Green centre ramp/whirlpool lights

Yes I think it looks better because it is 3D and with the EL wire it really looks a lot like a drive in snack bar.

Another advantage is it won't ever break like the original plastic does

Pic's here will give you a pretty good idea of what it looks like on a machine

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/creature-retro-snackbar-mod/

Well I've bitten the bullet with the exchange rates and bought a color DMD. I plan to set it on the hi-res setting as that looks really good :)

In line to get the snack bar mod too.

I think my Aussie pinball account was canned because of my website name....so will try to track Dan36 down some other way for details on the hologram mod

• 4 months later...

thanks allsportdvd for the purchase of a Snackbar Mod v2.0

and here are a few other options for people that don't know what I have created as CFTBL is favourite game

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscftbl&sort=newest

poster mod

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87947[/ATTACH]

snackbar mod and tail fin light mod

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87948[/ATTACH]

Currently on my CFTBL I have;

Teal green pop's and skirts and GI lit.

Alternate R- rated translite

speaker panel mod with tail-lights and flashing Drive-in sign, moon and flying saucer.

green #86 leds in chase lamps on ramps and bowl.

cliffy snack bar and coloured sleeves

green flipper buttons

cab hardware all done in satin black, i.e, rails , LD bar, legs, etc

leds in all inserts.

Thanks to @allsportdvd.com for the hologram halogen and green mirror mod. Thanks Terry, its a lot clearer now.

I do like the look of that snack bar mod;)