Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Head to Head Battle Pinny

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the good news is, is that Battle Pinny made it the 1100Km to Pinfest in one piece. It played a couple of games, then the bloody flipper bat destroyed itself....:realmad: Anyhow, we got a replacement flipper bat thanks to Mr Kress :D. Then the sling shot coil locked on, release the Smoke Genie..... No problem, fixed that. Then the flipper stopped working after 4 hours of hard slog. Cleaned the EOS switch all good. Then 1 hr later Mr FET decided to blow up, roast a coil and it now appears created a short in the playfield loom :realmad:

So that's it for Battle Pinny for its first tour of duty. I'm still very happy with what I have created, I have had to knock back three orders for it. Im very happy people think its a Commercial Production Machine due to the quality and look of it. So I shall spend the rest of today having Flipper fun at Pinfest with all the pinball crowd, hell, I might even have a beer or 7 ! Also thanks to @Big Tev and Little Trev for test playing the machine and their help for keeping it running ( sorry Trev I cant get the picture to flip?).....also the Bayside Pinball Team on the road trip with me, to get this beast up here and hopefully back.

IMG_2105.thumb.jpg.6b5ea080704234a0384035de29711271.jpgIMG_2112.JPG.88e6052bdd2dc71ec7851390fe2ecf4c.JPG55926352617__E4425B37-1979-4738-B18A-48DADD6AB4C8.thumb.jpg.a4c573e34eabf5a34e1b15511396169f.jpgIMG_2109.thumb.jpg.c03faab15eb418e5b4ea487f63e9a55e.jpg

Well the good news is, is that Battle Pinny made it the 1100Km to Pinfest in one piece. It played a couple of games, then the bloody flipper bat destroyed itself....:realmad: Anyhow, we got a replacement flipper bat thanks to Mr Kress :D. Then the sling shot coil locked on, release the Smoke Genie..... No problem, fixed that. Then the flipper stopped working after 4 hours of hard slog. Cleaned the EOS switch all good. Then 1 hr later Mr FET decided to blow up, roast a coil and it now appears created a short in the playfield loom :realmad:

So that's it for Battle Pinny for its first tour of duty. I'm still very happy with what I have created, I have had to knock back three orders for it. Im very happy people think its a Commercial Production Machine due to the quality and look of it. So I shall spend the rest of today having Flipper fun at Pinfest with all the pinball crowd, hell, I might even have a beer or 7 ! Also thanks to @Big Tev and Little Trev for test playing the machine and their help for keeping it running.....also the Bayside Pinball Team on the road trip with me, to get this beast up here and hopefully back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136136[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]136134[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]136135[/ATTACH]

You've done so well with this project:)

Is that a Zac flipper bat?

attachment.php?attachmentid=136277&d=1537859492

Hmmm, nice and clever. Don't like switching power myself so how about instead of the upper left transistor switching the 50v hot supply to the coils, we switch the common ground from all those coil driver circuit transistors?. Should have the same effect if you use a NPN transistor instead of a PNP and use the opto to switch it's gate.

Maybe put in a discrete timer circuit instead of it being processor controlled of say 2 seconds triggered off the opto output so if any coil is on longer than 2 seconds ever, the common ground transistor opens circuit killing the ground off all the transistors.

Just need a latch circuit included so that once the protection circuit is activated, it doesn't reset once the ground is cut and then start oscillating as the common ground is cut and then re-applied if you know what I mean.

That's a worry that bat exploding like that. Have you inspected the other 3 bats?. Could it of just been a faulty one or is this the quality of these parts.

You could possibly put a roll pin through the bat and the shaft that would be covered by the rubber anyway but quite frankly I think it would only do marginally better at surviving.

Interested in what you find as I was after clear translucents myself.

Great job Grant. Bloody awesome looking under the hood at the running gear. Such a professional looking job, inside and out. Sure it had teething problems but job well done. Sorry I couldn't help with the flipper but I did enjoy the chat over Brekky.

I trust you and the "beer crew" got home safely without to many pitstops - LOL.

The bats are made by Peter at b&t in germany and are garbage, and he doesn't give a crap about it. Made from wrong material,

There are better available you are aware of?

Translucents are what I'm after. Clears seem not available nor do short 2" trans bats. Am I wrong or you know where to get these parts of better quality?.

I've got a spare transparent blue set (with the Williams Logo) if you want to run with that again. I got mine from Bay Area Amusements, but they probably got theirs from the same place as PL.

Or just go with Wayne's offer ^^