Thread: Head to Head Battle Pinny

State
    Truganina, Victoria
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2828 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Autosteve View Post
    Was definitely a Taito and definitely had a PC board ....Does this sound like your Taito Basket Ball?.
    no you have them mixed up - you might have had this later one but you didnt have the crown basketball above

https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/fly...o/28003101.jpg

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1349 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiredoug View Post
    no you have them mixed up - you might have had this later one but you didnt have the crown basketball above

Yer, I don't remember any mention of Crown on the machine at all to tell you the truth. It only had Taito markings on the sides and the player panels and the machine was a green and lighter green colouring, actually the colours were the same green colours my Taito upright has but this is through memory and that is like I said, the 90's. It was not the same markings as the one I linked to above at all. The legs were very similar though. Round, tapered and wooden.
    I've looked on the net and found nothing that really is exactly the same as I remember but when you said coils wired directly to the switches, no, this things was definitely solid state. Made using parts mainly out of 70-80's Taito parts bin where possible. Problem is, now I'm really curious what this machine was. It may have been rare even though I still hated the Fing thing.

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1349 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiredoug View Post

No I didn't have a Crown. It was this Taito Basketball...

Memory did let me down on the colour but this is it. Exactly the same. Can only find this flyer on this machine so far.

State
    Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1670 Post(s)
    I picked up a control panel from that game about 25 years ago. No dealer could tell me where it had come from at the time. They all expected it to be a standup arcade machine, not that sucker.
    Mystery solved, but control panel LONG GONE.
    Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    871 Post(s)
    Just out of interest, how are you going to test the coil lock board?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quoted
    585 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG Trev View Post
    Just out of interest, how are you going to test the coil lock board?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    It actually checks if the coil has been pulled down to 0VDC. If that stays low for too long ( say a shorted FET) then it powers down. The way to test it is to simply disconnect the voltage it looks for at each input. It works on the principle that the coil has basically 40VDC on each side of it if its not active, this then feeds an opto that the picaxe looks at...simplz. I will explain it over a beer at Pinfest

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread Information