Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Head to Head Battle Pinny

That's a worry that bat exploding like that. Have you inspected the other 3 bats?. Could it of just been a faulty one or is this the quality of these parts.

You could possibly put a roll pin through the bat and the shaft that would be covered by the rubber anyway but quite frankly I think it would only do marginally better at surviving.

Interested in what you find as I was after clear translucents myself.

The other flippers are in tact for now, they have survive 90 games in the last 5 days, time will tell....Im sure I can make metal ones and anodise them red and blue

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a spare transparent blue set (with the Williams Logo) if you want to run with that again. I got mine from Bay Area Amusements, but they probably got theirs from the same place as PL.

Or just go with Wayne's offer ^^

If you don't want them, Ill pop over and pick them up, thanks for the offer.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ballypinball, well I need to find something to suit or I wont be able to bring it to Flip Out !:o Its gotta be purdy and Blue and red

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/242x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/7/7/77_011377_4.jpg

http://www.actionpinball.com/pics/23-6537bset.jpg

Bananas come in red and blue but could the Battle pinny handle banana flippers?.

Actually I think it could enhance the player appeal. You'd need the backing plates and you need to braise them or they will fail but once braised, you won't have a failure.

not if same supplier made them

if you use the same material posts are made out of and light hoods its too brittle for Flipper bats, maybe if they were made more solid

- - - Updated - - -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-illuminated-flipper-bats

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Said

Just to make it clear, we took the bats of the market because it did happen that bats broke, it was not a high quantity

and there are bats out there holding up to today. But because our aim is to manufacture quality we decided to stop

and work on a new tool, should be ready soon together with the old ribbed Bally Bat

Interesting to hear about the issues. Personally, I haven't had any issues with the transparent bats yet.

I've been running with red transparent ones on my Pinbot for a couple of years without issue. Purple transparent on my BoP are going well 9 months on. I installed transparent green on my SWEP1 last month, so early days there. Maybe it depends on the game they're installed on too.

Another One Bites The Dust ! Battle Pinny went from Pinfest to the Bayside Pinball Meet last Thursday. It was played from 6pm to 4am the next morning and behaved without any blow ups :D But a few more plays later and Blue Flipper No.2 Self Destructed :realmad:. So I will now need to pick some up...…

Also from the meets and feedback from the players, I will tickle up the software, add another sound card and install the "No More Smoke Genies" protection board.

The one thing that drove people nuts was the ball getting over the top of the flippers. So we might engineer super height flippers out of metal. They wont crack, that's for sure !

913335256_deadflipper.thumb.jpg.cc3b14a2aac72f6aed0e63c11dbaefa2.jpg

Another One Bites The Dust ! Battle Pinny went from Pinfest to the Bayside Pinball Meet last Thursday. It was played from 6pm to 4am the next morning and behaved without any blow ups :D But a few more plays later and Blue Flipper No.2 Self Destructed :realmad:. So I will now need to pick some up...…

Also from the meets and feedback from the players, I will tickle up the software, add another sound card and install the "No More Smoke Genies" protection board.

The one thing that drove people nuts was the ball getting over the top of the flippers. So we might engineer super height flippers out of metal. They wont crack, that's for sure !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136447[/ATTACH]

What was the problem with it at Pinfest?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interesting to hear about the issues. Personally, I haven't had any issues with the transparent bats yet.

I've been running with red transparent ones on my Pinbot for a couple of years without issue. Purple transparent on my BoP are going well 9 months on. I installed transparent green on my SWEP1 last month, so early days there. Maybe it depends on the game they're installed on too.

I think the problem is the high impact the flippers cop in Battle Pinny. The ball can come from the other player all full power off their flipper, and smash into your flipper. This is a massive impact that the flippers would not normally get on a normal pinny. So I think it just fatigues the crap out of them , fast. This flipper failed after about 170 games.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the problem with it at Pinfest?

Same thing @BIG Trev, just the first flipper failed there. The flippers have been in use for probably the last few months for test games, so probably the plastic in them had already started to fatigue.

I think the problem is the high impact the flippers cop in Battle Pinny. The ball can come from the other player all full power off their flipper, and smash into your flipper. This is a massive impact that the flippers would not normally get on a normal pinny. So I think it just fatigues the crap out of them , fast. This flipper failed after about 170 games.

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing @BIG Trev, just the first flipper failed there. The flippers have been in use for probably the last few months for test games, so probably the plastic in them had already started to fatigue.

I meant with the solenoid short.

I meant with the solenoid short.

Oh , the FET cooked the shooter lane coil. The coil then went to a total short. Unfortunately I did not check this when I replaced the new FET board. This then instantly killed the new FET. That went total short but did not explode. The Smart power supply I was using then would not let the output go to 50VDC as it was seeing the short. I had to pull the playfield out to fix it, took a couple of hours to resurrect for the Bayside meet. I would suggest you get some nice FETS locally and replace the Chinese ones on your driver boards. Then they should work fine for TTTE :D

• 2 weeks later...

Super Duper Araldite Enhanced Flipper Mod. So with the failure of now 2 flippers on Battle Pinny. I have got my hands on a couple of new flippers and had decided to try and make them more structurally sound to take the battering that Battle Pinny gives them.

I have re-inforced the flipper near the shaft by filling the voids with araldite epoxy. Hopefully this will do the trick, or at a minimum extend the lift of the flipper bat. I shall have to pop round and see you @Ballypinball and get some more off you.

Battle Pinny is going to Pax in Melbourne , then to Flipout in Melb if all goes to plan. Also after Pinfest and the Bayside Mega Meet, i have taken on board constructive comments on the pinny and fixed a few bugs in the software and changed some of the mode features a bit.

IMG_2333.JPG.7b2b196b6fbe0792250fba73e4eadbb7.JPGIMG_2332.JPG.c59c08bedbedc7b478346be9481732ab.JPG

Super Duper Araldite Enhanced Flipper Mod. So with the failure of now 2 flippers on Battle Pinny. I have got my hands on a couple of new flippers and had decided to try and make them more structurally sound to take the battering that Battle Pinny gives them.

I have re-inforced the flipper near the shaft by filling the voids with araldite epoxy. Hopefully this will do the trick, or at a minimum extend the lift of the flipper bat. I shall have to pop round and see you @Ballypinball and get some more off you.

Battle Pinny is going to Pax in Melbourne , then to Flipout in Melb if all goes to plan. Also after Pinfest and the Bayside Mega Meet, i have taken on board constructive comments on the pinny and fixed a few bugs in the software and changed some of the mode features a bit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137081[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]137082[/ATTACH]

No problems plenty of explodable bats in stock

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137081[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]137082[/ATTACH]

You still need to make them higher. Maybe an aluminium or S/S layer top & bottom?

Better fix the Crax before Pax ! I checked the red flipper bats on Battle Pinny tonight to see if I can epoxy reinforce them . Too late me thinks :o I'm no expert on structural failures, but I think these flippers are not far off one. I shall epoxy a couple of flippers that @kress gave me at Pinfest ( thanks for that BTW ) and put them in. At least the red ones lasted longer than the blue ones by about 80 games. Time for @OzBlackKnight to make the super duper aluminium bats …..:D

IMG_2387.thumb.jpg.b7eed24d09b14efc98e77e0d300f5095.jpg

Well that might be fine solution making the bats out of aluminum. You could then use this paint from Supa cheap to paint them red and blue....

SCA_105537_hi-res.jpg?sw=558&sh=558&sm=fit

SCA_105536_hi-res.jpg?sw=558&sh=558&sm=fit

You use a base coat, (from another tin), first and go over it with the top coat colour and it looks a perfect match for proper anodized aluminum only much shinier and brighter. It comes out the exact same colour as the top coat on it's lid.

All you would need to do is keep the broken shafts from your original bats, drill a hole in the aluminum bat and then drill cross holes and smash roll pins in and it should get rid of this problem.

As for you flipper height maybe being to low said by another member, a quick cure to that may be simply swapping the nylon flipper bat bushes with Bally SS type I think it is. They look the same and the mount holes line up exactly the same however the mounting part of the bush has a couple of millimeters offset difference meaning if you mount them to the Williams base plate, it should raise the bat height by a couple of millimeters.

No need for me :D, just get these "Adpin Flipper Bats".

http://www.adpin.de/english/details/

Bonus is you can get them in red and blue amongst other colours, AND adjust the length with the premium version. You could even handicap one player by giving them shorter bats.

More details found here: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/03/07/adpin-flippers-2/

However, if the cost or height is an issue, you know I'm cheap to bribe. :cool:

The Smoke Genie has escaped again ! But now my pinny will "tell you" its not happy. So I upgraded all the FETS in the chinese driver boards, fix all other issues and started giving battle pinny some test plays. Then I smelt it :o that horrible coil burning smell, argh.

The poor old pop bumper copped it this time...another FET fail :realmad: Murphys law also kicked in as I had not fitted the flame out board, because Im running out of time. So....i have now installed 1 flame out monitor board and fitted it to 5 solenoids for now ( best i can do until the other board is made) Also Battle Pinny will let you know if it trips the flame out monitor ( watch the video ) Note: One hour after posting this, I tried the board, but I held the FET on myself and over-road the auto shut down function. The FET shorted again ! It looks like if these FETs are held on and sinking the full current ( 4ohm/50Vdc 12amp) they give up the ghost after about 3 to 4 seconds ! Then they finish by cooking the coil ! So now I'am trimming down the monitor reaction time to try and save the FET and coil. I will need a far more robust coil driver board before Flip Out !

Edited by thegrunta666