Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 26 - Call for nominations

It's on again, MGL 26 is about to start up so adjust your buttons and warm up your joysticks.

OOO has taken a well earned break from MGL admin duties and I've volunteered to run a couple. They're big shoes to fill, but I'll do my best. Hopefully OOO will play all games now and give out a few lessons.

I'll keep what I reckon are the best parts of how it runs and maybe make a few adjustments along the way. All feedback is encouraged and suggestions welcome.

For MGL 26 what we'll do is;

• - 8 games as usual
  • - Games start Fri night and conclude sunday night 7pm Sydney time three weekends later
  • - 1 week overlap in games, so new game every fri and so two or three games on the run to give us a choice
  • - percentage scoring system

Nominations - let's go back to player noms for a bit of a change

• - hidden noms by pm to me. Note my handle is Fire_Power with the underscore
  • - hidden nominations for some surprise, so don't go announcing on here what you've picked, but feel free to say you're in
  • - nominate four different games
  • - single nomination per game, so you can't place three votes for "Super Craptastic V2.7"
  • - no restriction on plays in prior MGL, but normal MGL rules - single joystick, max 3 buttons, no spinner etc
  • - at completion of comp I'll list all the game nominations

Selection process

• - a mixture of popular and random
  • - Four will be selected by popularity, any ties will picked by random from the tied group
  • - once the popularity selections are sorted I'll discard the remaining nominations of anyone who has had a game selected then
  • - Four will be selected by random from the remaining nominations
  • - we'll alternate between playing popular, then random

Dates;

Nominations to me by midnight thursday 20 August

First game will be released Friday 21 August and finish 7pm Sunday 6 Sep

Here's a link to MGL rules for anyone needing clarification, or just ask

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/607-RULES-FAQ-s-etc

It's a fun comp, so let's play it that way.

Callout to members @bondy @AdamC @rusty_dagger @Mameshane @bworldmv @wingtipvortex @Player Won @Jammasized @mark68 @C4mony @azathoth @DonPedro @Pelly @Rat @John73 @wolfman24 @Brad @camaro @Mar @Woody @Foot @Nicko71 @Batfink @JustAnotherRat @D.B.Cooper @SectionZ @DKong @kane @bigredbird @CrazyKongFan @magrinder @Barra @Spartan @RMacauley @OOO plus anyonelse who'd like to join in.

Thanks for taking this on @Fire_Power

One question, are all games available for nomination or are game the the last however many MGL's not able to be nominated?

I took what he said as meaning anything was available to be nominated. But good question.

I've nominated my four games, none of which have been played for a little while in MGL. Not sure how much time I'll get to play, not overly worried if none of my games come up - even with all the horrible games that come up, occasionally a gem is produced that I've never heard of and that is probably better than getting one of my games played that almost everyone would have played :)

One question, are all games available for nomination or are game the the last however many MGL's not able to be nominated?

For this round there's no restriction on nominating what has come up in previous rounds. I didn't think any of the last few were likely to have hit anyone's all time fav list - but ya never know.

Noms are coming, thanks for that - I'm seeing a mixture of classics and some, for me, never heard off potential gems.

I'm hoping the selection process will give everyone a fair chance of getting either a game they like or one of their own and still provide exposure to new ones.

For the next round we'll have a quite different selection method <secret for now :) >

Please get you noms in by this Thursday evening and game play will start on Friday,

@Fire_Power can you come up with an official name for this selection process so that in future I can say how about we run with X again for the upcoming MGL and then I can link to a sticky explaining it. That would be heaps better than subjecting everyone to me waffling on about it again and again :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

@Fire_Power can you come up with an official name for this selection process so that in future I can say how about we run with X again for the upcoming MGL and then I can link to a sticky explaining it. That would be heaps better than subjecting everyone to me waffling on about it again and again :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

How about Fire_Power's selection process !?! :lol

My nominations are in , bring on the games! :)

Noms are in.

Mr Do? :lol

No don't tell me, that's not allowed.

My noms are in and I must say they are truly awesome :D AFAIK 3 of my games have never been in an MGL and all of them are solid classics :)

We are going away for three weeks in the middle of the MGL I hope none of mine come up in that time.

Mr Do? :lol

No don't tell me, that's not allowed.

My noms are in and I must say they are truly awesome :D AFAIK 3 of my games have never been in an MGL and all of them are solid classics :)

We are going away for three weeks in the middle of the MGL I hope none of mine come up in that time.

Solid classics sounds like a 70's album :p must be all B/W games unless you did the Galaxian thing.

I found one game in my noms that is rated and is a pearler and has never been played in the MGL but three, wow we need to play the @Rat MGL games,

he has nearly half covered on his own admission:o

Galaxian you say eh?

;)

Looking forward to this MGL, as always!

Love Galaxian @Rat would not of chosen this ( he knows I will beat him :lol ) just a dig at his "Classic games that have not been chosen"

Edit : and there are as many versions of Galaxian as PacMan;)

Love Galaxian @Rat would not of chosen this ( he knows I will beat him :lol ) just a dig at his "Classic games that have not been chosen"

Edit : and there are as many versions of Galaxian as PacMan;)

Well, Rat may have not chosen it....

Whether or not I did you'll never know!!...... (until the end of the contest)

Lol

My nominations are in , bring on the games! :)

Seeing as IMHO it's the nom selection process that I have been asking for and Fire_Power put it up then I think it should be a combination of our names such as the Rat_Power process or the Fire_Rat process :)

As far as my Noms goes, some people's opinion on the definition of "classic" games may differ ;) but they are all games I played and enjoyed BITD in the arcades, so none are obscure rubbish and none are B/W but that doesn't necessarily make them no good either.

Ummm the Galaxian thing???? oh I think I know what you mean....nahhh I didn't do that :D

MGL 26 nominations close midnight tonight

Only today left to get your nominations in!

So far I've heard from Bondy, John73, Barra, wingtipvortex, outrun86, JustAnotherRat, mark68, Pelly, DKong, azathoth, bigredbird, Rat and Foot - thanks.

Still waiting on news from @AdamC @rusty_dagger @Mameshane @bworldmv @Player Won @Jammasized @mark68 @C4mony @DonPedro @wolfman24 @Brad @camaro @Mar @Woody @Nicko71 @Batfink @D.B.Cooper @SectionZ @kane @CrazyKongFan @magrinder @Spartan @RMacauley @OOO and anyone else who wants to join the fun

There's an interesting mix of games potentially coming up - some recognised classics and some interesting lessor known titles.

So make sure you have your noms in before midnight tonight. It's your chance at fame, respect, ridicule and or adoration within the MGL community.

First game starts tomorrow.

Re: a name for the selection process I just figured it was a good way to mix some classics and throw in some fresh randoms for variety. Didn't know you'd been asking for it Rat - probably a case of being very aware of what we as an individual say in our own, in our opinion very brilliant, posts and the rest of posts of others just being a blurr - sorry :)

pm'd my nominations. im looking forward to playing in the MGL again. i have ordered some new pc parts for my mame cab that arrive on monday :) so it will be easier to participate again

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Hmmmm... 3 of them have never been in an MGL but 1 has...

Quick check of previous MGLs shows me that Defender was played way back in MGL 9.

I'm guessing that Defender is your top pick...you have certainly progressed a lot since then...40150 back then is a long way from your million+ now!

I'll wait and see...

Re: a name for the selection process I just figured it was a good way to mix some classics and throw in some fresh randoms for variety. Didn't know you'd been asking for it Rat - probably a case of being very aware of what we as an individual say in our own, in our opinion very brilliant, posts and the rest of posts of others just being a blurr - sorry :)

Thats a bit too bloody long for a name, stick with what DKong said.

:)

As for my nominations, I won't be submitting any. Please don't read too much into it I just prefer to play games that I've not had a reason to play before.

I have enjoyed myself with the past couple of MGL's ( regardless if noms where open or not) and the IGBY2 and foudn some games i have gone back to

This has nothing do with the fact that i'm utterly useless at most games and would probably endure Immense ridicule if any of my noms got picked :D

A bit of ridicule is OK.....I'm sure some people would not agree that my selections are classics....they would be wrong though :D

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know you'd been asking for it Rat - probably a case of being very aware of what we as an individual say in our own, in our opinion very brilliant, posts and the rest of posts of others just being a blurr - sorry :)

I think my ramblings had more influence on you than you are aware of as you clicked like on my statement when I was explaining it for the 3rd or 4th time :) see thread here.