Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

So We Had Some Snow In Tassie

Cheers guys, and it really was my pleasure. Video was taken From a few different locations and elevations. From 50m above sea level to 400m. KIngston, Leslie Vale and Huon Rd to Ferntree.

All other roads were blocked all day, so I decided to take an adventure up the back of kunanyi / Mount Wellington.

Very cool video mate.

I went to my parents place in Orange NSW last weekend, and kids got to see snow for the first time. Even though it wasn't heaps, there were big enough patches on Mt Canobolas to make a snowman and have fun. The 5 year old was stoked he got to throw some snowballs at me!

1087958702_2015-07-2415_55_04.thumb.jpg.9ed44ef9ddc7a0777bf6593fcad7dc2b.jpg

We only had a sprinkle in Launceston :(, wish I was down your way would have the snow board out!

Could be another few days of it ?

More coming late tonight and tomorrow. Down to 100 meters.

- - - Updated - - -

Great video, liked the scene at 3:24 looked like everything was covered!
It was really a white out. That part of the vid was at about 400 meters.

I'm supposed to drive my little Barina down to Savage River tomorrow......not sure if that will be happening....have not been snowed out in over 15yrs but tomorrow might be the first time. Will suck if I can't there I will have to get up at 2am and drive down to the bus, unless the road is closed to the bus also, but that will be unlikely.

I'm supposed to drive my little Barina down to Savage River tomorrow......not sure if that will be happening....have not been snowed out in over 15yrs but tomorrow might be the first time. Will suck if I can't there I will have to get up at 2am and drive down to the bus, unless the road is closed to the bus also, but that will be unlikely.

Did you get through? @Rat

It's tonight I'm going, I usually leave home about 7pm but I'm considering going earlier so I don't have to drive in the snow in the dark, that sucks. I'm keeping a eye on this page http://www.police.tas.gov.au/alerts/road-report-as-at-19-00-4815/ and the roads I drive are open, but only 10km away from one of the roads I go down it is 4WD only, so it's going to be snow and ice, police are on the radio right now as I type saying the ice is melting. It's still only 7 here I can't imagine the ice is melting too quickly at Waratah where it is currently 3 and heading for a max of 6 :o

I woke up Monday and it was like a blizzard outside, everything blanketed in white and still bucketing down like when they shut the skifields. I'm in Hobart about 150m elevation. Sadly as the sun came out about 8:30 the cover somehow started melting faster than it was accumulating, and i had to go to work :)

Today wasn't so picturesque, a few flakes falling if you strained, but not enough to settle.