Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Are your pinball machines insured?

• 3 months later...

I'm a bit late to this party, but thought I would add my piece.

Different underwriters will have different definitions of what a collection is, whether pinball machines will be covered under a certain policy, or whether specific conditions need to be met for cover to be granted. It is not very helpful to compare different insurers as their policies are likely underwritten by different bodies. Your best bet is to ring your insurer and ask. If they advise you that your machines are covered under your current policy, then that is a statement that they must abide by, regardless of what your policy says. If you want to be doubly sure, record when you made the call and who gave you the advice, as if it ever becomes an issue, the insurer will be obliged to abide by the advice that they gave you. On the flip side, if you deliberately undervalue your collection to get a cheaper premium or avoid having to get more expensive cover, the insurer may determine this to be a material non-disclosure which won't help your chances of getting your machines back.

Hi All,

For what it's worth, here is my experience......

I am insured with NRMA for home and contents. I called them a few years ago about insuring my jukeboxes and pinball machines.

They listed all my pinnies and jukes along with other items (such as framed jerseys etc) as a collection, however, items over $10,000 must be individually specified.

Also, if I ever make a claim the onus is on me to prove that I actually owned the item and it's value.

We discussed it further and the NRMA rep said a dated photo of me with the collection should prove ownership.

Value could be obtained using market rates for items currently on sale. This may be for items in the US with shipping costs included.

The premium was only a few extra dollars a year. I hope I never have to make a claim.

Items are insured only while in my home and they are not covered if I lend them or hire them out.

I was on the phone for some time, however, I found them helpful and willing to assist.

Regards

Gordo....

It's really funny how policy's vary so much, in my case I recently advise my broker that one machine was sold & a rifle game purchased. So my game-room contents is covered for $35K in the event of Fire, Theft, Flood or even storm events. I should point out that as I live on a farm we have Farm insurance costing over $2500 per year, this includes farm machinery, fencing, Live stock, pubic liability, 5 sheds, the house, contents & the arcade collection.

• 7 years later...

Can anyone recommend an insurer for a pinball collection ,i have house and contents insurance with West Pac . As of 2021  West Pac has polices underwritten by Allianz now.

Spoke with them today find out Allianz don't insure pinballs as a collection . ? is does anyone have a stand alone policy for their collection . cheers

2 hours ago, Nick64 said:

Can anyone recommend an insurer for a pinball collection ,i have house and contents insurance with West Pac . As of 2021  West Pac has polices underwritten by Allianz now.

Spoke with them today find out Allianz don't insure pinballs as a collection . ? is does anyone have a stand alone policy for their collection . cheers

I was told the same thing by my insurance company years ago. They simply said they would be covered under contents insurance and I could increase my contents cover to a level I would be comfortable with. So I increased it as suggested.  My insurer NRMA also said Pinball machine was not a collectable item just general contents. Who knows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick64 said:

I Have a policy with allianze

wife rang them and we have some pinballs insured not all atm at the time i insured them 8 pinballs for 60k

they have to be in a council approved structure eg studio , garage

we listed them under specified contents

All good contents insurance sorted out , Yes a broker was involved it's a West Pac product but is now under written by Allianz . While I was on the phone with West Pac he put us on hold and he spoke with the broker and confirmed all the details . 

• Like 1

If you have multiple machines to insure your premium will more than likely go up, a buddy of mine has one or two machines the rest are not, his thinking was that if any grow legs and walk there the ones he will point out as being covered, not sure about the finer details but insurance companies now days don't just pay out without investigating, so beware.